PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was time to upgrade the stock rubber on my 2018 NorthStar Ranger. After hours of research I decided to go with the tires recommended by my dealer. These are offered thru the Polaris accessory catalog. I chose Pro Armor's Dual Threat 29" Radial 12 ply tires mounted to 14" Pro Armor rims. I did the recommended sizes...7 inch rims up front with 9 inch rubber and 8 inch rims with 11 inch rubber in the rear. I gained 2 1/4 inches of ride height. The tires measure exactly 29" tall. I was worried that the tread design would be noisy on paved roads. Absolutely quiet. I'm at 12 PSI all the way around. Ride quality is much better. It's amazing how much these tires have transformed the Ranger. Does everything better. Speedo is now accurate according to my GPS. On road manners are better. Off road manners are WAY better.

Attachments

· Premium Member
929 Posts
Nice looking setup.

Reactions: Lennstang

· Registered
226 Posts
Lenn, are those tires DOT Rated? Just curious down here around Quartzsite, Arizona to ride on the streets you are "supposed" to be DOT rated and on our Wildlife Refuges although the roads are rock and gravel the Fed's want DOT Rated also.

· Registered
183 Posts
How did you find the performance after the install? FInd the bottom end lacking?

· Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed no lack of performance. I have the Gilomen tune so it's already much faster. Some of the improvements I noticed are:
1- much less rolling resistance. It coasts much better with the new wheels and tires.
2-much quieter, especially on paved roads. High speed stability is much better.
3-off road manners have improved drastically. better traction, handling, and ride quality.
4-top speed has improved. Easily does 70 MPH +

1 - 8 of 8 Posts