PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran into an issue that I had not seen on any previous threads. I purchased the SuperATV forward a-arms and a Marshall Motart 2.5" lift and after trying to install the two components realized that the lift brackets do not work with the a-arms since the a-arms do not have the threaded hole for the screw on the lift bracket that prevents the lift from pivoting on the shock attachment as the stock Polaris a-arms do.

Anyone have any suggestions or have they run into this as well? Only solution I see is to now look for a top shock mount lift bracket. Anyone else run into this

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
newbie error in original post....its not the lack of the threaded hole, but the SATV a-arms are made differently and do not work as well with the Motart front brackets. From brackets do not sit down as well and I have concern on play between the two parts. Anyone run into this before?

·
Super Moderator
6,897 Posts
Can you post some pics?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well this is a little weird...

I've been trying to work out the most economical way to improve the clearance, mud performance, etc. on my new machine. I planned to move from my stock 25's to 30's by combining the Marshall 2.5 lift and the SATV forward arms. So when Otway listed his Marshall lift in the classified section last week, I jumped on it. Then SATV contacted me yesterday to let me know they finally got the arched forward arms back in stock, so I ordered those and they're on the way.

Aaaaaand only then did I stumble across this thread. DOH! :grumpy:

I'll make it work somehow. If there's room to drill for a second cross-bolt I'll do that, or I'll weld the bracket to the arm if I have to. Will post pics.

Now if I could just make up my mind about tires...

·
Registered
194 Posts
SATV lift works w/ the upper shock mounts so it wont matter what arms you have.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally got my SATV forward arms installed today. Otway's concern (and subsequently mine) was that the Marshall Motoart 2.5" lift bracket wouldn't fit the SATV shock mount in the same way as the stock arm. It turns out the concern was well founded. It didn't fit the same, but I came up with a really simple solution that should work out fine.

Here's a pic of the Marshall bracket installed on the shock mount as it's intended.

The fit is fine, but the shock mount hole on the SATV arm is a little higher with respect to the top surface of the arm. The result is that the bracket could be prone to rotating backwards if the mounting bolt were to loosen up over time. Probably not catastrophic, but it would make a helluva racket. Here's what it would look like if that happened:

My solution was to drill the top face of both the bracket and the a-arm shock mount brace and put a bolt through it.

Now just waiting on the truck to deliver my outlaw radial 30's! :eagerness:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Finally got my SATV forward arms installed today. Otway's concern (and subsequently mine) was that the Marshall Motoart 2.5" lift bracket wouldn't fit the SATV shock mount in the same way as the stock arm. It turns out the concern was well founded. It didn't fit the same, but I came up with a really simple solution that should work out fine.

Here's a pic of the Marshall bracket installed on the shock mount as it's intended.

The fit is fine, but the shock mount hole on the SATV arm is a little higher with respect to the top surface of the arm. The result is that the bracket could be prone to rotating backwards if the mounting bolt were to loosen up over time. Probably not catastrophic, but it would make a helluva racket. Here's what it would look like if that happened:

My solution was to drill the top face of both the bracket and the a-arm shock mount brace and put a bolt through it.

How difficult was your install? I am waiting for Super ATV to get more stock of the forward A-Arms. They are telling me hopefully next week or at the worst by the end of the month. I also have the same Marshal Lift Kit on my 14' Crew. Did you need to make any adjustments to the front end? Then finally what do you think of the quality of the A-Arms?

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Premium Member
558 Posts

I found the same problem when I tried to do this. The only problem I saw with doing something like you did was the potential distortion or bending of the metal that you have the bolt through. Since the motoart bracket doesn't sit flush on the arm there's a lot of downward force exerted from the shock, I 'd keep an eye on it. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I ordered satv forward arms today was having them overnighted ended up cancelling that order and got the arched forward arms overnighted instead, so im pretty sure they're in stock.

·
Registered
40 Posts
So just realized this was post in the 2015s my bad

·
Registered
129 Posts
How difficult was your install? I am waiting for Super ATV to get more stock of the forward A-Arms. They are telling me hopefully next week or at the worst by the end of the month. I also have the same Marshal Lift Kit on my 14' Crew. Did you need to make any adjustments to the front end? Then finally what do you think of the quality of the A-Arms?
Aside from the mod for the Marshall brackets, the install was super simple. Fit was spot-on. Really like the fact that the threaded ball joint allows for camber adjustment. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the arms. The zerks are non-standard and seem a little cheap, but I didn't break any and they work fine. I put anti-seize on the arm bolts since the grease can't easily get inside the bushing tubes.

Adjusting toe was a bit tricky for me. I tried the string method, but I could never get repeatable measurements. The recommended setting is 1/8 - 1/4" toe out, but I've never seen any reference specifying "where" you're supposed to measure that. If it's at the front and back "centerline" of the stock tires, then that's gonna be tricky to calculate if you're going from 25's to 30's. I just ended up eyeballing, and test driving on asphalt.

Good luck with your install when you get them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Aside from the mod for the Marshall brackets, the install was super simple. Fit was spot-on. Really like the fact that the threaded ball joint allows for camber adjustment. Couldn't be happier with the quality of the arms. The zerks are non-standard and seem a little cheap, but I didn't break any and they work fine. I put anti-seize on the arm bolts since the grease can't easily get inside the bushing tubes.

Adjusting toe was a bit tricky for me. I tried the string method, but I could never get repeatable measurements. The recommended setting is 1/8 - 1/4" toe out, but I've never seen any reference specifying "where" you're supposed to measure that. If it's at the front and back "centerline" of the stock tires, then that's gonna be tricky to calculate if you're going from 25's to 30's. I just ended up eyeballing, and test driving on asphalt.

Good luck with your install when you get them.

Thanks!! I can't wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
With the lift and forward A-arms are you upgrading axles as well?

Im about to put the marshall lift on my 2015 900 crew, thinking about doing the arms while I am at if its not binding the axles up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts