PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After over a year of being home and going no where. Were off to northern Maine for a week of fishing and atv'ing.
Our first time last night eating IN a restaurant in over a year certainly seemed odd.
Fords new 10 speed tranny they put in there pickups now makes the truck pull like crazy. My 2015 had a 6 speed tranny. My new truck has the 10 speed. A day and night difference towing. Note(crap in the back is orders for two customers I'm meeting along the way while headed north)
20210605_074041 north.jpg

·
6,910 Posts
Nice !

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,056 Posts
Have fun and eat lobsters.

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,597 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Enjoy!

Reactions: gmck154x4

·
Registered
2011 Ranger 800 6xCentipede
169 Posts
Enjoy the down time years back - beautiful! People talk funny up they'ah, and holler if you ramble too fast. We have a shop out that way; great folks; I enjoy staying in touch with them. We boogied up to Acadia Park one time - beautiful! Glad we did it before the knees and hips start to wear out.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rode 70 miles yesterday. More mud then this old yankee would like to see. I didn't think we'd had much rain this spring. But pleanty of mud holes on the trails. Road one section called the boarder trail. Five feet to the right your in Canada. Just stone posts every hundred yards or so. (I did piss in canada, yes I stepped five feet that>way), rode to with windmills in Mars Hills also. Miles and miles of great trails up here. 154121 boarder.jpeg 20210606_133453 boarder trail.jpg 20210606_130248 windmills.jpg
Off fishing farther north today.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I can say that you are having so much fun. The view looks amazing, keep us posted on what's coming next when you're not busy.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A funny story we were riding through a swampy area that was really dense. In parts the mud stunk like a swamp. Then my girlfriend says to me ' can you smell that ? ' , I said like fried chicken or grease, we must be close to a diner and the road. A while later we exited the trail onto a black top road to cross. To the right is a sign McCain foods. Its the french fry plant..lol.
We also made it up to Fort Kent where Route 1 actually starts.
Another photo I'll post is a potato field. Its not South Dakota I know but still miles and miles of crop fields in northern Maine. 20210607_173000 McCain.jpg 20210607_101535 route 1.jpg potato field.jpg

·
Registered
2011 Ranger 800 6xCentipede
169 Posts
Memorable trip... keep 'em coming! I'm living vicariously through your pic's!
We can't even register UTV's in the Vempire State for trail riding

1 - 10 of 10 Posts