PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys use to attach to the holes in the bed? Going to weld some flat iron pieces with some mesh but not sure how to secure it to the bed and be able to remove it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I actually built a rack and had it powder coated. I used pieces of pipe welded to a piece of 2" angle iron with a nut welded in the end and a 5/8" fine thread bolt flat washer and lock washer to secure it to the bed. And built up off of that. And backed it with 1/2" expanded metal.

Reactions: Dark Helmet

·
Registered
94 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used homemade lock & ride plugs , made from 1 1/2 test plugs to hold my rear rack on. They work very well and by using eyebolts gives lot of extra tie downs. There are lots of good ideas for plugs on here camera dump oct 2014 103.JPG camera dump oct 2014 105.JPG camera dump oct 2014 108.JPG camera dump oct 2014 109.JPG camera dump oct 2014 326.JPG camera dump oct 2014 325.JPG camera dump oct 2014 330.JPG

·
Premium Member
829 Posts

I used the homemade bed anchor's from test plugs as show on here. The frame of my rack is out of 1 inch square tubing and angle iron welded to tubing with holes drilled for anchor's. I found some rubber bumpers that fit over tubing at Mcnaster Carr.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts