PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Midsize 570- stock for now
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m trying to put plow setup on my 2018 570 midsize. I really want to put 60” provantage plow on so I can buy bucket conversion and also use it to scoop and move wood chips onto trails. Their site is confusing as it says their 90546 front plow kit mount fits in some but not all warn website locations. So I called and got different info from different warn technical reps. Does anyone have this mount kit on a 2018 mid or better yet the bucket converted plow setup?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’m trying to put plow setup on my 2018 570 midsize. I really want to put 60” provantage plow on so I can buy bucket conversion and also use it to scoop and move wood chips onto trails. Their site is confusing as it says their 90546 front plow kit mount fits in some but not all warn website locations. So I called and got different info from different warn technical reps. Does anyone have this mount kit on a 2018 mid or better yet the bucket converted plow setup?
So Warn application says it will fit a 2018 Ranger EVv. Wouldn’t the have same front end as a 570 Midsize so bolt pattern to secure the mount would fit?

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,175 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jim I truly appreciate the post. I called and spoke with two different Warn technical support guys last week and they told me their website isn’t right and they weren’t surprised. Both said they don’t make a plow mount kit for these Polaris midsize units! I was like what these are one of the most popular SXS made. I buy mount kit first and go from there. Thinking about going with the WARN 101035 VRX 35winch.
They also suggested the ILLUMINATED DASH ROCKER SWITCH KIT - 99897. How do you control your winch? Thanks

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,175 Posts
My warn winch came with a wired remote. I later changed to this kit which has both an in dash switch and can use the wired remote. I can’t find the purchase, but I think it is 99897.

Plowing, I always use the dash switch now with synthetic rope.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great. I’m going to buy that wired rocker switch kit and just use the dash rocker switch for now without wired remote. I ordered 90546 today so can’t wait to bolt it up. Once that is a for sure works mount get the rest. Little concerned about wiring up the VRX 3500 warn winch but take my time with it. My last question is what about the winch Roller Fairlead?

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,175 Posts
I’ve had no issues with my roller fairlead with the synthetic rope. My winch came with steel. I changed to synthetic after the steel broke while plowing the first year. It really is a pain once it breaks. I used cable clamps to put it back together. I had them with me just in case since I heard they break. The biggest issue with using a roller after using steel is steel can roughen up the rollers which can cut synthetic. In my case, the rollers were still perfect after only minor use.

Other than pulling Elk up hills and some fence stretching, I use my winch primarily for snow plowing. So far, the synthetic has been fine for that. I carry extra synthetic with me which could be used to extend if needed and is light and pretty compact. The synthetic also comes with a nylon abrasion cover that mostly protects for the steep downward angle for plowing.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you just mount VRX 35 to the Warn 90459 winch mount kit or did you also buy a warn fairlead bolt plate too? I’m going with the VRX 35-S synthetic rope off bat as you ended up with

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,175 Posts
My winch came with the winch mount kit, and it had the roller fairlead since it was a wire winch. I don’t think you’ll need the roller fairlead if you are synthetic only, but I haven’t tried it. I suppose you could always try it and see what you think.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,175 Posts
I put my rocker next to the 4 wheel drive selector. They are prescored there. I put the remote connection socket on between the steering wheel and door. There’s lots of room behind the dash there and easy to get under the hood. It also is relatively out of the weather and lets the cable be long for the remote to reach to the front.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ya figured it out. Watched Polaris winch brand install and he only used two holes to mount contractor. Kinda diagonally with self taping bolts. KFI didn’t supply so had to tap some threads in. All in all worked great. Got both dash rocker and outlet for hard wired remote.
This helped a lot although I mounted a KFI 4500 lb Stealth winch versus Polaris

1 - 20 of 41 Posts