PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey members...
So today I towed my xp 900 with enclosed cab to an ice fishing tournament, after arriving at my destination I was discussed by how my road salt was on my ranger from the 15 minute trailer ride... And yes I do live in upstate new your( my state has soooo much money we don't even use sand, just salt, coughsarcasmcough . Anyways after I got home tonight , I ran to the car wash to hose it off. I made a decision I would need to order a trailerable cover . So I pull the ranger in the heated garage and decided to try a few wax's/polishes that i had laying around on the plastics, wasn't to impressed with the results. So my question .... Is there a product out there other then armor all that will put the shine back on the plastics?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Holloway House Quick Shine... 3 coats brings the luster back to life... apply and let it dry real good before applying another coat..:encouragement:

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Bunch of great home remedies for bringing back the shine have been discussed. But for protection from road salt, you may want to try spraying the undercarriage with either Tire Shine or WD-40 (cheaper by the gallon!) - makes cleanup a lot faster. For your black plastics and roll cage, Mothers Back To Black works good.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
I use turtle wax super protectant on everything and have had good luck their product.:encouragement:

·
Administrator
7,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
WD-40 is the cheap way or SC1 by maxima

·
Registered
194 Posts
I deal w the same thing coming from upstate. I spray my undercarriage w wd40 during the summer. As for the rest i just hose it off...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Pledge furniture polish.
I was told the same thing when I bought my 500. I don't polish after washing, just wash it & let it dry.

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
For your Sage green (molded color), pledge furniture polish works well.
If your unit was a LE that is painted, then I would wax it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet , I'm going to run it to the car wash and pull it in the garage to let it warm up and dry , I'm going to give the pledge furniture polish a try!

·
Registered
621 Posts
Another vote for SC-1, wax if painted every now and then

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Have any of yall tried cover all by superior products? It's the same thing as sc1, cheaper, and imo, works better then sc1.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Silkolene Pro Prep.

trust me!

·
PRC Sponsor
856 Posts
Plexus polish for the plastics. It's an aircraft canopy cleaner and it's all I ever use anymore. Seriously good stuff and it makes faceshields and poly windows look great forever.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.