PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seizmik Full Vented Hard Coated Poly Windshield Review

After weird couple weeks of coordinating with the dealer (recall work) and having time to do the installations I was FINALLY able to put this new windshield through its proper paces. As a lot of you know Seizmik offered a couple of their new windshields to members to give them a try at no charge. I was lucky enough to get a nod and the windshield arrived very quickly at my door. The product is well packed as expected, and comes with a concise 1 page instruction to get you going quickly.

Installation:
The installation time if you have no other mods on your Ranger could probably done in less than 15 minutes, depending on how quick you are able to seat the gasket around the piece of poly. This is by far the most time consuming, and annoying part - but with a little patience not bad at all. I came up with about 4" extra gasket which I trimmed carefully to make a nice full gasket. The rest of the installation is just putting the clips over the roll bars, lining up the plastic washers on the outside and tightening down a couple knobs. HOWEVER, if you happen to have a roll bar mounted light bar, you MAY encounter some interference with where the clips are supposed to rest:

In the above shot you can see the original (2) holes for the mount about 2-3 inches about where I put mine. That is because the BBT brackets (which are a terrible product, but thats a different thread) are already using that real estate on the upper roll bar. Not a big deal, I figured I would just slide it down a bit and then drill new holes to accommodate the washer. This works perfect on the driver side, but the passenger side has another part vying for space which is the grab handle, so you have to remove the handle and slightly overlap the parts to get it all to fit like this:

OF COURSE none of this will be a problem if you are just putting this on a stock ranger, or one without a roll cage mounted light bar, I just wanted to give a heads up for anyone that does.

Look / Fit:
It's hard to say a windshield does anything to make your ride look tougher or more custom, but this one seems to do just that. The vent scoops have a very clean look, and set off a perfect clear boring shield. The fit in the door Jam is perfect. the brackets are very low profile, and do not interfere with the Polaris factory door in the least bit. It rained most of the day I was out and I never had any water ingress around the door seals anywhere near where the brackets wrap around the pillar. My only minor complaint about the look and feel is that at High speeds (40mph and above) the shield is not quite as stiff as a the stock Polaris poly shield. It possible that difference is the profit cams vs. the bolt through tabs, but the middle sections of the shield oscillates with the wind as you are riding. Not a big deal, but definitely one minus vs. the stock setup.

Function:
This is undoubtedly where this product shines. I ride with the doors on even in the summer because I ride on tight trails where I am constantly getting whacked in the face with tree branches. (Not fun) When the temp is anything over 70 the cab gets hot as hell. So much so that I used to have to slow down and crack the door open and "scoop" air in for a few seconds every couple minutes. This product 100% solves that problem. The vents move a ton of air IF you want them to. The ability to aim them at your face or body is awesome. One thing I did notice that you will get a few rain drops thru the vent when its wide open if it happens to be raining. I think you would get that with any type vent. The defrost mode works awesome too in if you come out to a dewy humid ride with a little bit of moisture clinging to the inside of the windshield. it clears it up pretty quickly and I'm assuming will help in the winter with any issues of foggy breathing on it. (obviously haven't had the chance to try cold weather yet). Overall this shield lives up to what they are advertising it does - I love it and it will make warm weather riding noticeably more comfortable.

Here are a couple more shots from the weekend of riding...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me know if you guys have any questions about the function/installation, or want some different pics of installation, or of how the doors interface with anything.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
nice loader brings back memories T&S

·
Registered
600 Posts
Nice to hear from someone with full doors using this windshield. I only have half doors but the more I ride and play with the vents the more I can appreciate them. The Hard coat stands up to branches too!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice to hear from someone with full doors using this windshield. I only have half doors but the more I ride and play with the vents the more I can appreciate them. The Hard coat stands up to branches too!
The doors work perfectly with them. Only complaint is the size of the window opening, wish they did something different there.

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Vendor
326 Posts
Thanks for the review Doc, glad it is working out for you and keep the reports coming as the cold months get closer.
Jody

Reactions: the_doc

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the review Doc, glad it is working out for you and keep the reports coming as the cold months get closer.
Jody
Will do. this is going to be my primary snow removal rig - so it should see plenty of use.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
if you used that loader in pic you would be done in one swath lol T&S
Will do. this is going to be my primary snow removal rig - so it should see plenty of use.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jody
So far I've had to plow 3 times here in Michigan. Winter started out strong, then kinda fizzled. I have been pleasantly surprised with the anti fog vents so far. My original plan was to install a 12v fan pointing at the windshield to keep my breath from fogging it (especially when leaning forward to get a good view of the plow) but at this point, I don't think it will be necessary to install anything extra. Kudos again to a great product, I've been especially happy with for my uses.

·
Vendor
326 Posts
So far I've had to plow 3 times here in Michigan. Winter started out strong, then kinda fizzled. I have been pleasantly surprised with the anti fog vents so far. My original plan was to install a 12v fan pointing at the windshield to keep my breath from fogging it (especially when leaning forward to get a good view of the plow) but at this point, I don't think it will be necessary to install anything extra. Kudos again to a great product, I've been especially happy with for my uses.
Thanks for the update Doc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts