PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Interstingly, i read posts on here and it reminds me of how different the needs and environment is for so many of you since the majority of people dont live in a warm climate like me (Florida). Talk of snow plows, full cabs, heaters, front and rear windshields, wipers, etc. is totally foreign to me.

Anyway, i am in florida, in fact, im at the beach today despite a major cold front that came thru last night. Im pretty tough like that. Temps are not going above 59 today, so pretty chilly, 

So, my question, given my different climate, what do you recommend i consider buying from the dealership when i pick up my ranger 900 on march 3rd?

I am considering a half windshield, though i have a folder on my bad boy buggy and really like the optionality. Not sure if there is a good one for the 900.

I guess a roof makes sense. This time of yr it is nice to be open but rain or summer heat makes it necessary, i think.

Last, i have a 10 inch rigid combo light bar that i really like. You all will consider it way to small but if it will easily fit (???), i would like to use it. I also have a warn 3000lb cable winch that is new and wonder if it will be ok. Smaller than ideal, but for infrequent use, i thought it would work???

Anything else? Ps. I have no interest in a lift, new rims, tires, or any of that kind of stuff, this is for huntimg amd some joy riding on a 5000 acre ranch

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Sounds like a roof and a half windshield and you'll be good to go! Your 10" bar should be just fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I came home with a full hard poly windsheld and a pro fit roof...Then I added rear cab lights ( Cree 6 led , 1 each side ) red interior lights and a radio...Aslo had to add horn and blinkers to make it street leagal. Later I added a poly rear glass to try to help with the dust issue.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you're getting a base model with 25" tires, you may be changing your mind about bigger tires. Those stockers give you about the same ground clearance as a Crown Vic. :)

Roof is definitely a must - we Floridians are huntin' shade most of the year.

The winch might be a little small, but a snatch block doubles the capacity and halves the speed. Just carry a coil of wire rope to get the length you need to pull.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get that roof and half windshield. Also, as Kevin said you should seriously consider upgrading the stock tires. You may be able to cut a deal with your dealer and swap out your stock tires.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Maybe a cab heater and seat heaters for those frosty 59 degree days.:encouragement:

Reactions: Hartone and cowpen

·
Registered
182 Posts
Air conditioning since you live in Florida

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.