PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna change my belt when I put my new clutch kit in. I was wondering what the best belt to put in. Gonna keep the old one for a spare.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
General consensus is that the OEM or the Gates C12 are your best bets.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I'm still on the OEM but my backup belt that I keep on-board is the Gates C12.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Gates C12 must be a good belt, with everyone saying it. Might have to look into this belt!

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Sills using eom belt but have c12 for back up

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Does one really need a spare belt. Seems like the OEM belt is lasting quite some time. I don't submerge my belt very often, so it may last many many years. If I paid $100 now for a spare, shoot, in 3 year it probably won't be any good?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I don't know if belts can dry out or not, but I keep my spare sealed in a zip-lock bag under the seat. If I do go through water I figure I'll have a dry belt to use if needed.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How quickly can you change the belt? I've never looked into it yet. Do you trust the gates belt? Amazon has them right now for $95.25 to your door.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I haven't done it yet but I saw it on the Internet. I suspect I could probably do it in 15 minutes or less.

I think I paid less for my Gates belt on eBay.

·
Registered
619 Posts
In my snowmobile days I always found the OEM belts to provide the best overall performance and longevity. I have not had as much experience with the SXS belts, but seeing that it is the same type of clutch system I cant imagine it is much different. When it comes time to change mine I will pay the extra few bucks and stick with OEM.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Yes, I still run sleds and we change belts every year, regardless of wear. We're much harder on sleds than these rangers. OEM is certainly the best for snowmobiles, but not sure with ATV's/Rangers. This is my first Ranger. I've had Grizzly ATV's in the past, and I never changed a belt and I was hard on it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
$83.07 shipped for the gates C12 is the cheapest I can find on ebay.

Best price I can find on OEM is $136 plus shipping

·
Vendor
2,124 Posts
$83.07 shipped for the gates C12 is the cheapest I can find on ebay.

Best price I can find on OEM is $136 plus shipping
We sell them for $79 shipped via UPS not usps and I think they are great belts. Just last week a guy asked me if he should change his Gates C12 belt on his 100hp Maverick, was on there for 2000 miles in the dunes riding hard.

After selling 2100 of them and very few issues I am a firm believer.

Downside, the Ranger 900 belt is out of stock right now at Gates

Todd

1 - 20 of 20 Posts