PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3421 - 3440 of 3445 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
We had been in the mountains in the background, and had been in deep snow, and had to climb a hill that required lots of tire spin. I had the tires aired down to 8 psi, and all I can figure is that I must have spun the front wheels inside the tires, and burped the beads. I noticed the left front tire was flat about 1/2 mile before that picture, but we were not in a good place to work on the tire. I checked the tire as my son slowly moved the Ranger, and there wasn't anything in the tire, and no visible cuts in the tire. We drove down to this main road to look at it again, you can see my tracks coming in from the road to the right, behind the Ranger. By the time I got that far both tires were flat. We pumped them up to 12 psi, and it was good for the rest of the day, and didn't lose a single pound of pressure in 30 miles of driving. That was a weird one. Both tires are still at full pressure now.

·
Registered
82 Posts
We had been in the mountains in the background, and had been in deep snow, and had to climb a hill that required lots of tire spin. I had the tires aired down to 8 psi, and all I can figure is that I must have spun the front wheels inside the tires, and burped the beads. I noticed the left front tire was flat about 1/2 mile before that picture, but we were not in a good place to work on the tire. I checked the tire as my son slowly moved the Ranger, and there wasn't anything in the tire, and no visible cuts in the tire. We drove down to this main road to look at it again, you can see my tracks coming in from the road to the right, behind the Ranger. By the time I got that far both tires were flat. We pumped them up to 12 psi, and it was good for the rest of the day, and didn't lose a single pound of pressure in 30 miles of driving. That was a weird one. Both tires are still at full pressure now.
Fascinating. I’ll bet you’re right about the low psi

·
Registered
25 Posts
I only did the front for now. Gotta keep the wife happy🤣. Going to do the back sometime this spring or summer. I’m disappointed in the lack of protection Polaris does with the engine and under seat electrical area . The Tires/wheels really don’t have a wheel well to help keep excessive water/mud/whatever getting in where I don’t want it. Maybe it’s only me that doesn’t like that

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
My #1 buddy, Mini, and I escaped quarantine today, social distancing at its best.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I changed out the spark arrestor on my 2015 Ranger 900 XP. It had holes in it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got my dealer to warranty by broken shock so got that swapped out the other day. I brought but broken one in and they gave me a new one to install.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
I frequent a forum for RVs and was reading a similar thread that is now 61 pages long!

SO.....what did 'you' do with your Ranger today?

I topped off my anti-freeze and checked the motor oil :)
I traced wires from sensors to control module. Trying to figure out why i'm in limp mode

3421 - 3440 of 3445 Posts