PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3441 - 3460 of 3549 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Spent the afternoon splitting firewood for the fire pit this summer.. If spring ever shows up!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I installed a front receiver hitch. I tried to cheat and leave the bumper on. I loosened the top bumper bolts and removed the bottom bolts, the hitch went in but I couldn’t drive the bottom self tapping bolts. So off comes the bumper. The bolts need to be torqued and I couldn’t do it with the bumper on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yesterday I had to break out for a while. I'm working from home on a rotational basis where they've divided us up so that if one crew is taken out by Covid, the other crew can somewhat divide up again and still work.

A few miles from home there are remains of an old school that operated from the early 1900's and finally closed in the early 1950's. (An older school was on the site back to the 1800's). All that is left are foundation blocks. The site is out in the woods on a backroad in the middle of rural Southwest Va. I have to travel about 50 yards on the main highway to access the secondary road that included a couple of steep hill climbs.

My Ranger Diesel is turboed and this is one of the few times I've really loaded the engine for a prolonged time, even then I had more fuel left and this was just a constant higher than normal load. Most of it's life it's been used for drives around my and my families land. If you know anything about the type of terrain around here it's not usually a way to get 20 minutes of high speed driving in!

Below is the Ranger when we turned at a flooded Copper Creek. The road in the background is a low water bridge, just a state maintained concrete bridge with large pipe set in to take the creek flow.

Many times if there is a low water bridge or a ford in the creek, there will be a state maintained swinging bridge and this is one of those sites. As a side note, Scott County in Virginia has the most swinging bridges in the state. The state has about 74 existing swinging bridges and 13 are in the county although a few are abandonded in place. Even so Scott Co has the most VDOT maintained open swinging bridges. I've been on all in the county and about 45 in the state.

Below is the Ranger at the site, just a farm road now but used to go to a ford in Copper Creek. There is a VDOT maintained open swinging bridge there too that is not the one above.

Below is a picture of the site. This is all that's left of the school, still an interesting look at how things used to be. Not the greatest picture, I don't know why it didn't turn out the best. All I was using was a phone for pictures.

Below are pictures of my gauges while leaving. Pulling the hill is a climb of about a mile with a long steep portion just before the crest. It was running at about 2.5 psi boost and about 650F pre-turbo EGT. We were going about 15 mph in low at this time. Full load is about 9 psi and about 900F.

Overall it was a great trip, just a few miles from home that allowed us to get out for about an hour on a nice day.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Another COVID day. We are at almost full closure - restaurants, pubs, offices, shopping malls are all closed. We are allowed to go out only for groceries. Also allowed only about 300ft from home.

Luckily I live a spit from nature, I take my girls almost every day for fresh air with my RGR.

Took the little one , she fell asleep about 20 minutes into the ride, so I stopped , put a matress and let her sleep for an hour. For me it was 1 hour of thoughts, imagination, and rest.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife and I went on a 194 mile ride in our Ranger XP 1000 NorthStar Edition on Saturday. There were 14 miles of pavement at the beginning and again at the end of the ride, but everything else was on a combination of dirt roads and trails in the Color Country Trail System - Old West Segment, which is in Southwest Utah. We did some rockhounding at an abandoned mine, and collected about 400 lbs of rocks to bring home for our yard. We visited a site called Mustang Springs, where we counted 29 wild horses milling around. We had a great time, and I found out my Ranger gets 17.63 mpg. So by the time you get to 175 miles you better have some fuel to add. We carried some spare fuel with us, so had no problems. What a great springtime day.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I split enough wood to fill up my bed twice by hand, loaded it, unloaded it, and stacked it. I actually have Hornet sides, so one only drive was required.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Hauled some rocks

·
Registered
93 Posts

Left it in the shop so I don’t disturb the turkeys. Opens this Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Added an American Flag Jeep top to my back window on my Ranger and hit the trails... Like the look and nice shade for passengers also.

3441 - 3460 of 3549 Posts