PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3461 - 3480 of 3531 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Didn't they change the name to Trump heights? lol

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
Thank god no!
they say they will build a new settlement after Trump and call it "Trump Heights" , but I bet it was only a pre-election photo op. in Israel they usually talk a lot and do nothing :)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thank god no!
they say they will build a new settlement after Trump and call it "Trump Heights" , but I bet it was only a pre-election photo op. in Israel they usually talk a lot and do nothing :)
Thanks for the eye candy, it's much appreciated
Go on, have fun and be safe

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Changed fluids in the 2019 Ranger XP 1000 EPS
  • Front differential: Mobifluid 424
  • Transmission: Redline MTL 50204 which is the same product as their UTV fluid
  • Engine Oil: Amsoil 5w-50 UTV oil

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I took the afternoon off from work to grease the ranger and get ready to do some riding. I always hear the Polaris wheel bearings are junk but I'm still riding on the orignals. I have since I bought the ranger new used the wheel bearing greaser Tiger Tool. Front and rear. Every spring I grease them takes a couple hours and makes them last apparently.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Ranger 700xp
8 Posts
Pulled the front differential due to noticing a slight oil leak. After removing the differential, I noticed a hair-line crack :eek:close to the seal on the driver side gearcase which will now need to be replaced.

·
Registered
2020 highlifter crew
71 Posts
Last night, did the first break-in engine oil change, at 22 hours, removed the rear sway-bar completely, I have the front left link out also, adjusted the doors some more, adjusted my shift linkage, it had to much park and not enough for high range, adjusted my steering wheel, it was way off, and checked the fluids in the diffs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Put out protein blocks at the deer lease.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
May 9, 2020
We went hunting yesterday for the chupracabra, needless to say we didn’t fine one. But we ran across a 20-yard stretch of dirt road that was covered in snake tracks from 1” to 1.5” wide, there must have been 15 tracks crossing the road. I searched in the immediate area and didn’t find any snakes. It was pretty warm out there but not yet HOT 97°. This morning I started the clean up process by blowing the dust and debris off the Ranger. During the process I notices the clean air intake hose where it connects at the bottom front of the engine was total disconnected – DIRTY CLUTCH!

What a pain. Jacked it up on jack -stands, removed the wheel, removed the primary air box, pulled the clutch cover. Used the leaf blower to blown it out – OMG. Noticed dirty hoses so needed to pull ALL the air hoses to clean inside and outside with soap and water. Fresh grease on all joining surfaces during reassembly.

And to think 10 years ago I would never have even attempted a project like this. All the hose clamps are tight. The wheel lugs are set at 110 fp. Glad I finished that part before the temperature got to 105°.

And to think I still have to wash the Ranger! Tomorrow is another day!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Changed rear end fluid, I guess I should've done it at least 50 hrs back... It was almost black.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
88 Posts

I got up to a few things last night on my '05 XP 800, none of them successful…

drained the oil and discovered the copper sealing washer was missing, guess that explains one of the oil leaks.

pulled the dip stick tube to replace the rubber o-ring because it has been dumping oil out of the base of the tube when revving down. Turns out there's a deep gouge in the tube near the bend and middle mount, and that's where the oil's pouring out. Searched ebay for used tubes, they all have some level of gouge or groove or rust in this spot. wonderful.

next I tried to diagnose the dead winch. contactor isn't putting out anything, might be junk.
just to check, i put the battery leads straight to the winch, and it... did nothing. yay. will pull that tonight to disassemble the motor.

last, i took a look at the wiring harnesses i'll be pulling out. decided i was tired, will tackle that tonight too!

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Sometimes we need to bite the bullet and buy new or make our own.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Having left my spare key in the manual for the 2019 Ranger 1000xp in TX, went to Fleet Farm where they have a fancy key maker and a Yamaha key blank is the same as Polaris. Cost for 2 keys a whole $4.19. Stealership wanted 12 per blank

3461 - 3480 of 3531 Posts