PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3521 - 3530 of 3530 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
2020 570 FS Crew - manufactured new battery bracket and installed a full size Marine Deep Cycle starting battery. Works great. Will not have any issues running the light bars without the engine running.Should never have battery issues.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
40 Posts
I took my new Ranger back to my dealer so as to complete my street legal kit (they have to sign off). Also got a new fiberglass handled shovel as it fits my rack better than a contoured wood handle.
Now I am ready to hit the hills. Doing an evening/night ride tomorrow night... Should be fun!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2005 Ranger 500 took a rest and just anchored the new log splitter.

The new rear-view mirrors are mounted vertically on the roll bar posts just inside the door. They don't get whacked by branches and give a decent look down both sides, until I zip the doors back on in the Fall.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Changed engine oil and filter. Switched to Castrol Synthetic 4T 10w-50 as it has good reviews and costs less than the "Polaris" stuff (plus I liked that it goes to 50 wt which is good as it's always HOT here in FL). Filter is now a Wix 51356xp (attached pic is for reference when I was considering running the non-xp version).
View attachment 130916

Changed rear diff fluid and used Lucas Oils 80w-90 gear oil
Changed front diff fluid and used Polaris Demand Drive
Good post, I hope people continue to post the information about the fluids they use and the model they own so someone can easily find it in a search

·
Registered
1 Posts
Put a Duraclutch on the credit card...
Haha. Considering doing the same today. I like yourself like to wrench and screw around with these toys. I have a NBS xp but can’t stand the stock clutch jerkiness. Let me know how the Duraclutch is working for ya. 👍

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
85 Posts
With the OE clutch I definitely felt like it was a matter of when, not if, I'd launch myself through the back of the garage.
Duraclutch is in it now and while the throttle is still a little jumpy, the clutch engagement is like buttah. Soooo smooth.
Now I feel comfortable tossing the keys to my girlfriend, who is self-admittedly clumsy.
Do it :)

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
85 Posts
Today I rewired my box harness to have a standard trailer 4-way flat plug, and added a trailer converter to the main harness, so now I can use the polaris taillights for left turn and right turn (with a $3 flasher and a couple toggle switches), and stop, and also have a standard 4-way flat plug at the back to run trailer lights.
non-standard trailer converter needed because the polaris switches negative on the brakes:
(also used on some ford/lincoln products)

3521 - 3530 of 3530 Posts