PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3521 - 3540 of 3588 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
2020 570 FS Crew - manufactured new battery bracket and installed a full size Marine Deep Cycle starting battery. Works great. Will not have any issues running the light bars without the engine running.Should never have battery issues.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
90 Posts
I took my new Ranger back to my dealer so as to complete my street legal kit (they have to sign off). Also got a new fiberglass handled shovel as it fits my rack better than a contoured wood handle.
Now I am ready to hit the hills. Doing an evening/night ride tomorrow night... Should be fun!

·
Registered
25 Posts
My 2005 Ranger 500 took a rest and just anchored the new log splitter.

The new rear-view mirrors are mounted vertically on the roll bar posts just inside the door. They don't get whacked by branches and give a decent look down both sides, until I zip the doors back on in the Fall.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Changed engine oil and filter. Switched to Castrol Synthetic 4T 10w-50 as it has good reviews and costs less than the "Polaris" stuff (plus I liked that it goes to 50 wt which is good as it's always HOT here in FL). Filter is now a Wix 51356xp (attached pic is for reference when I was considering running the non-xp version).
View attachment 130916

Changed rear diff fluid and used Lucas Oils 80w-90 gear oil
Changed front diff fluid and used Polaris Demand Drive
Good post, I hope people continue to post the information about the fluids they use and the model they own so someone can easily find it in a search

·
Registered
2020 ranger xp 1000
13 Posts
Put a Duraclutch on the credit card...
Haha. Considering doing the same today. I like yourself like to wrench and screw around with these toys. I have a NBS xp but can’t stand the stock clutch jerkiness. Let me know how the Duraclutch is working for ya. 👍

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
151 Posts
With the OE clutch I definitely felt like it was a matter of when, not if, I'd launch myself through the back of the garage.
Duraclutch is in it now and while the throttle is still a little jumpy, the clutch engagement is like buttah. Soooo smooth.
Now I feel comfortable tossing the keys to my girlfriend, who is self-admittedly clumsy.
Do it :)

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
151 Posts
Today I rewired my box harness to have a standard trailer 4-way flat plug, and added a trailer converter to the main harness, so now I can use the polaris taillights for left turn and right turn (with a $3 flasher and a couple toggle switches), and stop, and also have a standard 4-way flat plug at the back to run trailer lights.
non-standard trailer converter needed because the polaris switches negative on the brakes:
(also used on some ford/lincoln products)

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
151 Posts
I replaced the valve cover gasket, pcv reed valve, and reed valve cover. Hopefully this cuts down on the burning oil smell in the cab.

Exhaust still seems to leak at the headers, might see if I can find some sort of exhaust gasket goop to add to the standard gaskets... the headers probably aren't 100% flat anymore.

Next up will be... moving more dirt!

@Matt_Ellerbee you buying something else? Or just downsizing for now...

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
151 Posts
I hear that. I've been watching craigslist/fb marketplace for a tractor in the 6-8k range with a loader bucket. backhoe would be even better. Keep seeing things that are almost but not quite what i need. (Don't mind 15 years old, but do mind a lot of rust...)

·
Registered
2005 Ranger XP 800
151 Posts
Got tired of using a log as an e-brake, i added a fender washer to mine. Also ordered a set of semi-metallic pads and new springs, so eventually it'll work as new. For now though it holds.

The pile of wood in the side yard isn't getting any smaller though, gotta see about finding a used splitter.

3521 - 3540 of 3588 Posts