PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3581 - 3600 of 3621 Posts

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Today I mostly finished the side panels on my XP1000. Going for a mini racer theme, I did some camo/hunter 'number plates'. Doesn't have the pop I was hoping for but oh well. ...Has a stake side look too I suppose. l can change it up with decals or wrap. Can't do much with camo IMO. Side two goes on tomorrow.
I thinks its a little faster now! ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Do the profit roll cages have a discreet way to run the wires or just zip tie to the bars like the round tube cages?

Added some mudflaps at the back of the cab to keep mud and rocks off the fuel tank and electrics. Hope the passenger side flap is far enough away from the header. Gap is a little over two inches now but the flap gets very hot when the header starts to glow. May have to trim it more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Do the profit roll cages have a discreet way to run the wires or just zip tie to the bars like the round tube cages?

Added some mudflaps at the back of the cab to keep mud and rocks off the fuel tank and electrics. Hope the passenger side flap is far enough away from the header. Gap is a little over two inches now but the flap gets very hot when the header starts to glow. May have to trim it more.

i like the flaps you made! That’s one thing that bothers me on my ranger as well. Why wouldnt Polaris have protected all that electrical stuff and gas tank. I was going to buy guards online but they are expensive. Yours look like an better(less costly) alternative. What did you use for rubber and bracket?

and the wire issue? Why don’t Polaris give you a way to hide the wiring better? I have mine running down the back post of the roll cage.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The flaps were from zoro.com. I think I paid $17 for the pair. Trimmed off about 3" in width from the inside edge to make them 17"w x 18" long. Brackets are .125" x 2" x 2" steel angle. The straps and keepers to keep them from swinging back in contact with the tires are .125" x 2" steel flat bar.

Cheap primer and black paint, flaps, and steel (10' PC of each) totalled about $50 and I have metal left over.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tested the fit in my new to me 5th wheel toy hauler. A few days ago I drove it in forward, and today decided to try backing it in. She barely fits, has a little more room going in forward so probably just gonna
IMG_20200712_155843.jpg
IMG_20200630_214220.jpg
IMG_20200630_202323.jpg
park it like that.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 Premium with Winter package
22 Posts
Looking good bpear, like the headache rack, I had to build mine, couldn't afford the Polaris one🤣
Thats some solid Iron work. Very nice looking. I like the top rack too. I used to love to fab up iron but the eyesight isn't what it use to be. Great looking racks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
PT, How do you like the manual wiper you have installed? I'm gonna eventually be plowing with my Ranger and undecided.

·
Registered
475 Posts
It paid for itself on our last mtn ride, it was raining and icing, as long as I used it every few minutes windshield stayed clear and wouldn't ice, everyone else was stopping every 5 minutes deiceing, I loved it.. haven't really used it much since

·
Registered
22 Posts
I
It paid for itself on our last mtn ride, it was raining and icing, as long as I used it every few minutes windshield stayed clear and wouldn't ice, everyone else was stopping every 5 minutes deiceing, I loved it.. haven't really used it much since
Thanks for the info, they seem reasonably priced. I'll probably go that route and determine my needs before buying a power wiper kit.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
I shot the packrat nested next to my battery under the drivers seat!! Phucking nasty [email protected]&tard rodent. The crap he dragged into there was amazing.
I found out mud can fling to directly under the drivers seat, into the battery/fuel tank area, its not sealed at all, thus where rodents can enter also. Gotta screen the area off somehow.
Yup, my wiring got chewed.
Living out in the rural this sort of crap happens... but we take great length to avoid this sort of thing. I can't laze out on setting traps with peanut butter...
Everything works, and I cleaned to a T... Teach me to not look over my XP for a couple of days.
Don't let this be you. Lift the passenger seat & pull the battery tray/cover regularly. Grrrrr

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those critters are quick, had our 570 sportsman disabled overnight at hunt camp, glad you got up and running.

3581 - 3600 of 3621 Posts