PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3601 - 3620 of 3621 Posts

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Thanks guys. Its an odd year here in rural Wenatchee Wa. Lots of deer & elk. Rabbits have gone crazy. A huge population. I've shot eight rabbits in my yard in two days. They are eating & destroying my grass. Poop everywhere.
If you shoot varmints, try the .17 HMR rimfire sometime. 2500+ fps, drops a rabbit pronto. Super accurate - a quarter size pattern. I like small caliber, and its a wonder it took so long to discover this ammo. Savage bolt action, BSA Sweet 17 scope. 👍
But the rodents... the traditional wood traps with peanut butter snaps 'em up.

Reactions: wgarcar2

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thanks guys. Its an odd year here in rural Wenatchee Wa. Lots of deer & elk. Rabbits have gone crazy. A huge population. I've shot eight rabbits in my yard in two days. They are eating & destroying my grass. Poop everywhere.
If you shoot varmints, try the .17 HMR rimfire sometime. 2500+ fps, drops a rabbit pronto. Super accurate - a quarter size pattern. I like small caliber, and its a wonder it took so long to discover this ammo. Savage bolt action, BSA Sweet 17 scope.
Try the A17 ammo in a regular savage (non A17) 17HMR, I know it cost a little more but it's a little faster.
Savage said that the A17 ammo was maid for the smi-auto A17 rifle to recycle better, I use them in my savage 17HMR bolt action.
FUN FUN FUN

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Turned this

767F99CB-01E9-490D-A338-5FA9749343F8.jpeg

into this

BC9CB43A-6685-4B55-9354-4ECC92294D8A.jpeg

Reactions: Tcounty

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Nice job Jake. What do you think caused it to whop out?
I think they call for 60 ft lbs of torque on those. I crank em down tighter. Always worry about those.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
If you shoot varmints, try the .17 HMR rimfire sometime. 2500+ fps, drops a rabbit pronto. Super accurate - a quarter size pattern. I like small caliber, and its a wonder it took so long to discover this ammo. Savage bolt action, BSA Sweet 17 scope. 👍
My grandmother always liked it when you brought her a fresh rabbit or squirrel, then you got your a-- ate out for not shooting in the head. :LOL: She kept a little 22 rifle and never missed her mark. Ate a many of the darn things when we were little.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice job Jake. What do you think caused it to whop out?
I think they call for 60 ft lbs of torque on those. I crank em down tighter. Always worry about those.
It got loose. Not sure if it was me or the last tech to touch it a long time ago. But yeah came loose and slowly beat to hell. When I get the new upper bolts I cant wait to try it out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
What am I looking at here??

It got loose. Not sure if it was me or the last tech to touch it a long time ago. But yeah came loose and slowly beat to hell. When I get the new upper bolts I cant wait to try it out.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Upper a arm tabs. Tolerances are a loose fit on the bolts to begin with on all the tabs. Wish the bolts were a tighter fit to begin with. Bigger tires and lift can speed things up on egging out those holes.

Sometimes backing up while turning you can hear them pop or clunk when they start to go bad. There are heavy duty weld in washers if the do ever get whopped out. Jake's method works fine also. Always a good idea to inspect the front end and bushings one a year.

Reactions: Maxpolaris

·
Registered
251 Posts
Finished rigging up my spray rig. 65 gallon tank , 5 gpm pump. I can spot spray with wand and 25’ of hose. I can broadcast spray 15’ wide, and I can water/fertilize my trees with 50’ garden hose. I welded the hose hangers to a stand I made to fit in the lock and ride holes in the bed. 1” gas pipe fits perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good to know, thanks!

Upper a arm tabs. Tolerances are a loose fit on the bolts to begin with on all the tabs. Wish the bolts were a tighter fit to begin with. Bigger tires and lift can speed things up on egging out those holes.

Sometimes backing up while turning you can hear them pop or clunk when they start to go bad. There are heavy duty weld in washers if the do ever get whopped out. Jake's method works fine also. Always a good idea to inspect the front end and bushings one a year.

·
Registered
295 Posts

Wish I had the “heavy duty weld in” kind. I’m sure it will happen to the other side or somewhere else. Where would I find those RJ?

·
Registered
95 Posts

Just installed more optional equipment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Wish I had the “heavy duty weld in” kind. I’m sure it will happen to the other side or somewhere else. Where would I find those RJ?
Here ya go sir.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Across the street from me is 40 acres of watermelons or was, anyway.
They've long since been harvested for the 4th Holidays.
Before planting a huge pile of chert rock was piled to one side of the field that I've been pilfering
for a project at my place.
It's not stealing as much as it's geographic relocating.
Anyway, I've got this grapple on my tractor & a wife willing to do some photo/vid work.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
I like geographic relocating! I'm doing musical dirt also. lol
I use a trailer to haul the heavy stuff, so as to only have tongue weight burdening my Ranger (& Rzr before it).
Just my idea of sparing my machine a bit.

And there are plenty of cheap convertible trailers out there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, mine is showing her age now. She's an '11 diesel. A survivor from the dealer using it to tow boats and trailers out to the street for show in the mornings. Then back again @ night. Everyday for two years. It's not been back since I bought it in '13. She's my farm mule.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
4 Posts
Started prepping the machine for the Polaris visor speaker (mainly because i needed more switch holes). Added a set of rear speakers so the kiddos can drown out the Ranger noises....maybe. Cut down a Maxxima led light i had laying around and used it for a cargo light. Adding a second factory dome light for the rear and powering both off a battery hot switch in the overhead so they can be flipped on without the key. Installed the factory multi-color led light in the forward location and installed a Rough Country 30” bar to the roof between the tip out windshield hinges. Started off the morning making the harness for all of this and hoping i didn’t forget something. Next week when i recover from working weekend nights i hope to have the rear pod lights mounted on the upper rear door brackets and all previously mentioned lights and speakers fully functioning. Disregard all the dangling wires in the pics, the front roof section has been out so all the harnesses that are secured to it must be freed from their ziptie stranglehold.

Most important of all things i did to it today was get it back together just enough to allow the yellow dog to go from pouting pup to excited passenger. Sorry about the rotated pics. I havnt mastered turning them on here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I bought a toy hauler to put it in.

·
Registered
2006 Ranger 6x6 700
22 Posts
Rebuilt 700=>800 motor installed and DDP clutches scheduled to arrive tomorrow..... it’s on Saturday!

3601 - 3620 of 3621 Posts