PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3641 - 3660 of 3671 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yesterday I drove seven miles into town to watch the festival parade and hang out with some friends while my wife was on a ladies weekend at the lake. The fan override system I installed yesterday morning works great. Usually after a long ride down the road the engine temp is 178-185 when I turn off the road onto our lane. By the time I pull into the garage the temp is 190-200. Last evening it was at 170 when I shut it off.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
What type of fan override system did you install? And on what machine? I been thinking about doing something that will help my 2019 xp 1000 run cooler. Mine generally stays between 190 and 205.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are a lot of options from full harness plug n play to DIY. I bought the harness jumper for the fan harness connector and an led dash rocker switch. The wiring, etc. and relay I had on hand. I already ran an auxiliary 10ga fused power source to the underhood busbar for dual horns..

Mine is a 2020 570-6. If you have a NBS with the pulse bar under the hood you might want to go with the plug n play versions. About $100-$125 on eBay.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've seen some say they installed a blocking diode between the relay feed to the fan and the oem fan power feed. I understand the concept but am not sure if it matters.

·
Registered
613 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
I didn't do anything with my Ranger today. I haven't done anything with it since January when I installed the Polaris 6K winch. So this is a "Howdy, I'm just checking in type of post."

No mods planned, but the Ranger should get some use in September (archery season) and October (rifle season).

Reactions: Stroke250

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Recieved an email from Elka. Stage 2's are on there way!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've wondered not only about the aftermarket bumpers but also winches installed in the grill that might be contributing in some way to marginalizing the cooling capability of stock radiators. Adding a front bumper winch to a pickup truck isn't nearly as detrimental since the cooling systems are much larger. Side by side radiators might be a bit on the small side if airflow obstructions are added.

Mine is always hot! 200-210, fan seems like it never shuts off, even cruising down the trail at 30-40 mph, I think it’s due to the highlifter front bumper, it seams to block half the radiator?

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've wondered not only about the aftermarket bumpers but also winches installed in the grill that might be contributing in some way to marginalizing the cooling capability of stock radiators. Adding a front bumper winch to a pickup truck isn't nearly as detrimental since the cooling systems are much larger. Side by side radiators might be a bit on the small side if airflow obstructions are added.
I have a large bumper on mine with winch mounted internally, we ride mtns and high elevations sometime 8 hrs a day, no issues with over heating.

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
Replaced the fuel pump,again. Now I have a popping in the driver's side front. I was fed up with it so I haven't put it on the lift to see what's going on but I'm sure it's a CV joint. I use this thing for work around the farm and I don't have time nor the inclination to work on it. And I don't live near BPS. And there is no BPS near me. So I repair when I get the chance and feel like it. Crazy thing is it has 850 miles and 170 hours on a 07 machine.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Finally got around to installing my ricochet rock sliders and went for a little ride. Ended up running over one of the biggest Rattlers I've seen out here as well.
IMG_20200830_083658.jpg
IMG_20200830_083717.jpg
IMG_20200830_090701.jpg

3641 - 3660 of 3671 Posts