·
Registered
2011 Ranger 800 6xCentipede
44 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
That's a beauty! Congratulations Guy, you should be proud of helping provide food for your family, and carrying on a tradition that's contributed to keeping our species alive since we climbed down out of the trees! Be sure to help others learn the proper ways and heritage of a true hunter as you age.

·
Registered
173 Posts
No training during weekends so we can get into the fire zone...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks rooster, I built that and my headache rack, had to build 3 more after that one for my buddies machines, boy sometimes it hurts to have friends🤣

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
28 Posts
Got my soft cab installed. Overall, I'm pleased with the value as I couldn't justify the expense of a hard cab for my use. I need to make a few small adjustments after putting some miles on it, but even up to 45 mph it does well. It does amplify the sound inside the cab (to be expected) so I'm looking for advice on how to seal the gaps under the rear seat. I'm thinking pipe insulation around the outside edge but I'm open to ideas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got my soft cab installed. Overall, I'm pleased with the value as I couldn't justify the expense of a hard cab for my use. I need to make a few small adjustments after putting some miles on it, but even up to 45 mph it does well. It does amplify the sound inside the cab (to be expected) so I'm looking for advice on how to seal the gaps under the rear seat. I'm thinking pipe insulation around the outside edge but I'm open to ideas.

Which cab did you go with, and what points led you to the decision? My neighbor has a QG soft cab and loves it so far. Am also considering this type enclosure, and would like to glean what I can from others.

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
28 Posts
Which cab did you go with, and what points led you to the decision? My neighbor has a QG soft cab and loves it so far. Am also considering this type enclosure, and would like to glean what I can from others.
I went with the Green Mountain enclosure: Polaris Ranger Crew 2010 thru 2014 Full Cab Enclosure (Full Size) - Greene Mountain Outdoors LLC

I found multiple options for single-seat Rangers but not for the Crew with the older style round rollcage. Regarding my reasons for choosing this particular cab:
  • Made in the USA using USA materials
  • Price (list of $664 for the crew) This is why I mentioned the 'value' in my original post. For my intended use, I couldn't see spending major cash on an 'older' machine.
  • Completely removable doors
  • Trailerable up to 55 mph per the manufacturer
  • Easy on/off. After the initial installation, I bet I could have it removed in ~10 minutes max.
I bought it from these guys and it came to $666 total shipped to my door. I ordered it on 12/15 and had it a couple of days ago, which is much quicker than I expected this time of year.

·
Registered
253 Posts
How do you like that cab?
Can't tell just yet. Finished hanging the doors yesterday afternoon and only drove it to the mailbox and back. Spent today on the to do list, and studying how to fill the air gaps above the firewall to keep the cold air from blowing past the steering column into my crotch.

The wife and I plan to go for an hour or so ride tomorrow. So far we like the fit and finish. The doors closed solidly, the tilt out windshield will be nice during warm months. The sound deading in the roof tames the 570 noise a bit too. It was a big chunk of money but we're pleased with the investment so far. As heavy as it is it might not be the best choice for extreme offroading but our use is more relaxed and casual.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can't tell just yet. Finished hanging the doors yesterday afternoon and only drove it to the mailbox and back. Spent today on the to do list, and studying how to fill the air gaps above the firewall to keep the cold air from blowing past the steering column into my crotch.

The wife and I plan to go for an hour or so ride tomorrow. So far we like the fit and finish. The doors closed solidly, the tilt out windshield will be nice during warm months. The sound deading in the roof tames the 570 noise a bit too. It was a big chunk of money but we're pleased with the investment so far. As heavy as it is it might not be the best choice for extreme offroading but our use is more relaxed and casual.
Thanks for the reply.

I really want half doors, but the full enclosure would be nice in winter.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Same here but we will probably keep the full doors on until the sweltering days of July and August. Our Ranger will get used 90 percent of the time for driving at 25mph plus on pavement and gravel roads with occasional slow speed sections. The flip up windshield and sliding windows should provide plenty of ventilation. Besides, the main purpose for the crew is to carry our three bird dogs. Full doors with windows is better at keeping them inside when temptations like squirrels, etc are part of the scenery. The crew offers a lot more air circulation area opposed to the back wall up against the back of the front seat like a three seater. The last standard cab pickup I owned was in 1981. Too confining and not enough air circulation for me.

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
28 Posts
Replaced the CVT belt on mine yesterday. It still had the original installed. It didn't look too bad so I tossed it under the seat as an emergency spare.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I found some 15 gallon Plano storage boxes at Home depot and they fit perfect ...only $15 each Sportsman's Trunk Small - Black.
I then bought one of those ratcheting cargo bars for $25 bucks to hold them in place

WIN_20210116_18_05_27_Pro.jpg
WIN_20210116_18_05_52_Pro.jpg

I also installed some side mirrors. I did the door install like the guy shows on youtube . It works perfect and it takes longer to watch the video then to install

WIN_20210116_18_04_11_Pro.jpg

WIN_20210116_18_04_27_Pro.jpg

And finally a gun holder ...more soon

WIN_20210116_18_02_55_Pro.jpg

·
Registered
2014 Ranger Crew 800
28 Posts
Finished installation of the Badlands ZXR-5000 winch. Installed the rocker switch in the dash panel, and the remote wired winch socket under the hood with zip ties until I can decide if I want to cut a hole in the plastic somewhere. I've only used it for the initial winding so far but everything worked perfectly.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Finished installation of the Badlands ZXR-5000 winch. Installed the rocker switch in the dash panel, and the remote wired winch socket under the hood with zip ties until I can decide if I want to cut a hole in the plastic somewhere. I've only used it for the initial winding so far but everything worked perfectly.

Hi High Desert,
Looks great! What mount did you go with? I have the same winch waiting, but am back and forth on a permanent front mount, or receiver mounted for relocation choices to front or rear. KFI is on the short list so far.

3821 - 3840 of 3845 Posts