PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

3981 - 4000 of 4006 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow... I hope it's a big improvement that's a lot of work. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts when it is done
Did you take a sound measurement stock with a decibel phone app ...or do you have anything to compare it to when done ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Wow... I hope it's a big improvement that's a lot of work. I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts when it is done
Did you take a sound measurement stock with a decibel phone app ...or do you have anything to compare it to when done ?
We have doors for the camo polaris in the background, well put those on it and compare it that way. I honestly doubt it will do much in sound reduction. It may stop some vibrations though. I do think that the insulation we are putting in will greatly help keep the cab cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,229 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Polaris Ranger XP1000 Texas Edition Crew
56 Posts
Pulling vines out of trees.

Heading for first 100 hour service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
I usually hook a chain to the back of the machine and yank them out. I guess winching allows for more control.

Reactions: D. McB. and jimh406

·
Registered
366 Posts
It has been pretty wet. I wanted to take advantage of the damp ground around the roots and the tractor was too heavy. And there is the risk of the tires spinning little patches. The winch worked much slower and controlled. If a big root gave trouble I could stop and hack it. No tire spin patches or ruts this time.

I used the snatch block to hook the cable to a stump near the passenger front tire as a second anchor point. It didn't reduce the load on the winch but lowered the pressure on the ranger as an anchor point. Kept the winch from dragging the ranger tires in the wet sod too easily. There is a large tree behind the ranger I was going to anchor the ranger too if I needed to use the snatch block as a strength reducer if the winch couldn't pull the shrubs straight as I set it up in the pic. But that wasn't necessary. It was a very tight area. There is a small pond about 20' behind the ranger.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
It has been pretty wet. I wanted to take advantage of the damp ground around the roots and the tractor was too heavy. And there is the risk of the tires spinning little patches. The winch worked much slower and controlled. If a big root gave trouble I could stop and hack it. No tire spin patches or ruts this time.

I used the snatch block to hook the cable to a stump near the passenger front tire as a second anchor point. It didn't reduce the load on the winch but lowered the pressure on the ranger as an anchor point. Kept the winch from dragging the ranger tires in the wet sod too easily. There is a large tree behind the ranger I was going to anchor the ranger too if I needed to use the snatch block as a strength reducer if the winch couldn't pull the shrubs straight as I set it up in the pic. But that wasn't necessary. It was a very tight area. There is a small pond about 20' behind the ranger.
Just a general idea

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Reactions: blackfly53

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Great idea would do this with my Dodge Cummins 3500 , I think a Polaris is a bit to flimsy.

Reactions: wgarcar1

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Same with my F250 but not in that tight spot.
You can still make it happen with a rim, a piece of plywood and the winch.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
All the shrubs to the right of the ranger I pulled out with the truck. Had a clear angle on them. The last ones back in that corner required pulling out toward the pond. Didn't think that stump would hold if I tied the snatch block to it and pulled at an angle with the truck. And I gave up digging shrubs and trees out long ago! That stump gets cut off at mower level this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installed the Super ATV frame stiffener over the Christmas holidays. If anyone hasn't done this i would highly recommend it if you do anything other than cruise around on these things. My A arm tabs were bent slightly and I'm not ruff on mine at all. I have had it in some rocks at Brimstone ORV park but nothing to bad.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Installed the Super ATV frame stiffener over the Christmas holidays. If anyone hasn't done this i would highly recommend it if you do anything other than cruise around on these things. My A arm tabs were bent slightly and I'm not ruff on mine at all. I have had it in some rocks at Brimstone ORV park but nothing to bad.
Frame stiffeners is the first thing I did when I got my 900xp. Front and back

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reactions: lesleyharrell742
3981 - 4000 of 4006 Posts