PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
4041 - 4051 of 4051 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
It's last week of summer vacation here in Israel. Took the family for a ride to a nice small lake.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Made sure getting home is an option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
125 Posts
For a couple years now, my 2011 Ranger 800 XP EPS has had a starting problem. I changed the
solenoid last year and it seemed to help but then it started it again this summer just when I use my
Ranger the most. I noticed that I could switch it on and the Speedo/Instrument panel would light
up the I'd start it and when I let go of the key, the panel would go black and the engine would die.
Had one of those Ahaa moments. Got on Amazon and for $14.05 got me another switch with keys.
Easy install. Took me about 15 minutes. Unhook the battery Pos side. Unscrew the retainer on the
cab side of the dash holding the switch in. Pull it out thru the back side of the dash under to hood.
Unplug the old switch, plug in the new and put it back thru the firewall. Attach the new retaining nut
and tighten. Re attach Positive battery cable. Insert the new key and fire it up. Started and ran
without the hitch. From what I understand, this is a problem with a lot of older Rangers. Hope this
helps someone with the same problem. It really was an easy 15 minute fix. Took me longer the find
a wrench to take the retainer nut off than for the whole project.
Dano

·
Registered
2011 Ranger 800 6xCentipede
266 Posts
Mended fences for the infernal horses. Found another use for the recent Badlands 5000 winch beside pulling trees, logs and stuck mowers; it works great for straightening gate posts too. The HF wireless remote has been worth every penny. I put synthetic cable on from the start and it's much more user friendly. I only use the wire cables for extension leads now.
Wheel Tire Plant Cloud Vehicle
Sky Cloud Tire Plant Vehicle
Sky Plant Wood Tree Land lot

4041 - 4051 of 4051 Posts