PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
When the weather cooperates I'm out doing some spring clean up with the Ranger and working on projects. When not, I'm getting more seat time in this vehicle. Be safe and well !
IMG_2785.JPG

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Had to go to foot surgeon today for follow up on my surgery. I was met at the door by a young lady that asked several questions about my general health, whether I'd been on a cruise or overseas and whether I'd been sick or around anyone with Coronavirus. I was then admitted to the lobby which was empty except for one other patient at the reception desk. When it was my turn the receptionist asked about any insurance changes and for my cell number. I was then told to return to my vehicle and they would call me when it was time to see the doctor. Once called everything was pretty normal except you never passed another patient in the halls.
I also got a text from my dentist saying all regular appointments had been canceled and that only emergencies would be seen.
The local Texas Road House is sending me texts almost daily offering steaks I can take home and grill myself and take out family dinners. On the way home from the doctor I passed by the TRH and they have a tent set up outside the restaurant so people can pick up what they order.
I have to admire the way some businesses have figured out ways to adapt, improvise and overcome during this situation.

·
PRC Sponsor
856 Posts
Well I did do this Sunday. Put in at the local beach at 3pm, stayed out until around 8.30 I think. The marker in the pic is 4.7 miles out and I know I continued for just shy of an hour beyond it. Pics don't do the waves justice. 2 to 3 footers, against 15 to 20 kt headwind and a mild tide heading out into the gulf. Going out was a struggle the entire way but I knew coming in would be next to effortless. It was, I flew back in.
About 3 miles out heading in I checked my 6 for boats and was looking at exactly the right spot at the right time. About a 4.5 to 5 foot Black Tip or Spinner Shark at my 4 o'clock close enough I could have grabbed his dorsal. He was inches from my paddle just checking things out. Saw several Green Sea turtles that were much larger than my usual sightings. Shell lengths were easily over 3 feet. Sadly no Dolphin. I can't remember the time I didn't see one. I'm thinking they were out there but hidden from all the waves.
Finally mastered surfing the waves, smaller ones anyway. Struggled learning the move for the longest time. Never could get it just right. Had an AHA moment and from then on it was a piece of cake.
All in all an incredible time 'social distancing'. lol

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Heading out to cut some brush tomorrow. My first day off in months. I bought some land from the neighbor last year. The surveryors flagged the line (half assedly) so gonna take the ranger with grade stakes , brush cutter and chainsaw , flagging tape and paint and make a ranger path the entire length of the property line and mark it too. I saw a mosquito flying around today. Spring is here in the northeast.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts