PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what trips people are planning this year and any places that are recommended by ones that have been there before. I have settled into a routine of making a spring and fall trip to Tennessee and with be doing so again this year. Spring trip will be March 13th through the 19th and staying near Ride Royal Blue and riding Royal Blue and exploring a good bit more of the North Cumberland WMA on the west side of the interstate towards Windrock and Brimstone. If anyone has not made a visit to ride in these areas you are missing out and I highly recommend you look into it and get cracking on it.

I am also planning a couple week visit to Colorado in mid to late August. We are planning on staying mainly in the Taylor Park area and will be rolling in there the week of August 17th which is just as the annual RZR forum ride is ending. This will be our first trip there and I can't wait.

·
Registered
204 Posts
not so many riding trips planned. finally gonna be home for Marengo this year, and might make a trip to sabine at some point. all trips planned this summer are boat related, so i'll spend more time on the lakes than riding im sure.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Maine has a trail called the Sunrise trail. 85 miles I believe . Open to hiking, atv's ect. It runs up along the coast downeast . I have been looking at driving up 4 hrs or so for me, spending the night. Ride the trail for a day or so. I'm not sure anyone here from the east has ridden there but if they have I love to hear about the trail.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The summer is time for trips to the lake. This also includes my Ranger. That's what I use to launch and recover my boat. There will most certainly be a couple of trips down to the river bottom below the house.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Headed to Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, Tn. in June with the Ranger, Wife, Daughter, and other SXS friends. First trip there. Anyone have any comments about this area?

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
....Anyone have any comments about this area?
You'll love it. I grew up riding this area. I've ridden many places in the east, but the only other place that comes close to around here is the Hatfield McCoy trails in WV.
If you want a guide, let me know before you come up and I'll be happy to show you around.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Taking wife to Tall Pines ATV park here in NY. Its about an hour away. Nothing special, maybe just for a weekend.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thanks Jerry. I believe we have the largest cabin there at the resort reserved. Will be cooking up some good Cajun/******* food while there. Crawfish etouffe', gumbo, boudin, ........ and who knows what else. Maybe you can come by for a beer and sumtin ta eat.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Ken,
That sounds like a plan. I love me some Cajun cookin'! :cool:
What dates are you gonna be there and I'll mark it in my calendar?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jerry you are welcome to come lead our party over on the west side of Royal Blue. We will figure it out without you but if you are looking for a good excuse to go riding then there ya go! I also see where the TWRA has taken over Tackett Creek and it looks like it is basically an extension of the Sunquist unit. Is there a way to get from one to the other without trailering? What can you tell me about Tackett?

·
Registered
74 Posts
June 17th -22nd

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Jerry you are welcome to come lead our party over on the west side of Royal Blue. We will figure it out without you but if you are looking for a good excuse to go riding then there ya go! I also see where the TWRA has taken over Tackett Creek and it looks like it is basically an extension of the Sunquist unit. Is there a way to get from one to the other without trailering? What can you tell me about Tackett?
I didn't know that TWRA had taken over Tackett Creek. Last I heard about it, they tried to buy it but the deal fell through (landowner wanted WAY too much money) and a bunch of it had been leased to private hunting clubs. However I do know that a bunch of it is still open to ride and there's some great riding there. And yes, you can access it from the west side of RB, unless they have closed the trails leading to it. I'm fairly certain it's still do-able because I saw a post a few months ago where my friend Jody went from WR to Tackett and back.......120 miles in a day!

There are some pretty rugged to extreme trails, and virtually none of it is unmarked. I have been there many times, but not so much in recent years and wouldn't say that I know the area "well". I need to look at Dan's map in my GPS to see how well he has mapped that area. Worst case scenario, we would be "exploring". I tend to do that alot.....go to a place that I've been before but it's been so long and things have changed so much that it's almost like I've never been there before. Might have to turn around and backtrack in a few places, but never really "lost". With all of the mining and logging that goes on around here, you'd be shocked at how quickly a trail system can change.

But yeah, I'd be up for that:cool:. Shoot me a PM and let me know when you're coming and we'll fine tune the details as the time gets closer. Maybe I can make a trip up that way in the next couple of months and scope out the changes.

·
Registered
618 Posts
My wife and I are joining SXS world for the annual St. Helen ride this spring in Michigan. It will be our first "big" ride so we are really looking forward to it.

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
June 17th -22nd
I'll pencil it in. Weather permitting, we will come ride that Saturday 6/20. Sunday 6/21 is Father's Day, so we'll have to play that by ear. By the time the wife and I both go visit our dads, that will kill most of the day. I might play hookie from work on Friday 6/19 to sneak in another day.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll send you a PM. Here is a link to the announcement, looks like it is a 5 year lease and does fall under the same rules as Sunquist/Royal Blue/New river areas. So that is an additional 43,000 acres! I told my wife that we needed to either move or at least buy a place for a cabin in that area somehow.

I didn't know that TWRA had taken over Tackett Creek. Last I heard about it, they tried to buy it but the deal fell through (landowner wanted WAY too much money) and a bunch of it had been leased to private hunting clubs. However I do know that a bunch of it is still open to ride and there's some great riding there. And yes, you can access it from the west side of RB, unless they have closed the trails leading to it. I'm fairly certain it's still do-able because I saw a post a few months ago where my friend Jody went from WR to Tackett and back.......120 miles in a day!

There are some pretty rugged to extreme trails, and virtually none of it is unmarked. I have been there many times, but not so much in recent years and wouldn't say that I know the area "well". I need to look at Dan's map in my GPS to see how well he has mapped that area. Worst case scenario, we would be "exploring". I tend to do that alot.....go to a place that I've been before but it's been so long and things have changed so much that it's almost like I've never been there before. Might have to turn around and backtrack in a few places, but never really "lost". With all of the mining and logging that goes on around here, you'd be shocked at how quickly a trail system can change.

But yeah, I'd be up for that:cool:. Shoot me a PM and let me know when you're coming and we'll fine tune the details as the time gets closer. Maybe I can make a trip up that way in the next couple of months and scope out the changes.

·
Registered
103 Posts
anyone interested in coming up riding in Ontario Canada give me a shout, we have everything form easy family trails to very technical trails. Plus our dollar is the Sh*ts right now .79 cent vs USA dollar so you $$ goes a long way.
PS-Not a business here just a rider offering trails

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
I'll send you a PM. Here is a link to the announcement, looks like it is a 5 year lease and does fall under the same rules as Sunquist/Royal Blue/New river areas. So that is an additional 43,000 acres! I told my wife that we needed to either move or at least buy a place for a cabin in that area somehow.
It blows my mind that I had not heard about that. I hope it works out that they can reach an agreement to eventually buy it and add it permanently. There's some pretty land and good riding up there.

·
Registered
209 Posts
We're headed to Mud Buddy's in Ezzell, TX 2/20-2/22 for their Muddy Gras. It's a smaller, less wild park so while I'm sure everyone will be having a good time I don't think I have to worry about the kids getting an eyeful of some female bead enthusiasts, lol.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.