PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little bit confused about what rims will bolt up to this machine?
I'm not sure what rims I can buy?

I've been reading online that the stud size is larger than previous Polaris models at 12mm thick, but the bolt pattern is still 4/156.
Also when in the past, I tried to bolt on 2013 Ranger 900 OEM take-off rims and tires to my kids 08 SPORTSMAN 300 I had to grind off the four spacers on the wheel hubs to make them fit.
Will I have similar problems buying aftermarket rims?

I don't think I'm too worried about backspacing because the machine looks like it has plenty of clearance all around.

:Does anyone know if I can just go pick out any aftermarket rim and it will fit ok?

Btw, I changed my tire order from the 32" silverbacks to 29.5" Outlaw 2's. My dealer wouldn't order me the silverbacks. Too hard on axles and too hard on my teeth he says! Lol! In hind sight, I'm ok with that and I appreciate my dealer looking out for me.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Sounds like the 1000 has the same lugs as the Ranger 900. So you shouldn't have any problems finding wheels. I also ran into the same issue that you had with the 800 sportsman. I tried to put my 900 take-offs, on my '06 700 ranger, and the front hub centers wouldn't fit the wheels. Most aftermarket wheels won't have this problem. With the correct lug pattern, as long as you get the correct required lug nuts, you should be fine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
slowroller said:
Sounds like the 1000 has the same lugs as the Ranger 900. So you shouldn't have any problems finding wheels. I also ran into the same issue that you had with the 800 sportsman. I tried to put my 900 take-offs, on my '06 700 ranger, and the front hub centers wouldn't fit the wheels. Most aftermarket wheels won't have this problem. With the correct lug pattern, as long as you get the correct required lug nuts, you should be fine.

Slow roller is correct it is a 12mm 1.50 only differance between the ranger 900 and the 1000 rzr is 12" vs 14" rims

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the quick replies!

I wasn't sure, but now I can go shopping without worrying.
Thanks again!

I'm kind of liking those M15 crushers now too.
Argh! So many to choose from.

BLKRinnyrdr;
You may not want mine. Shipping from Canada may cost more than the tires are worth!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey i have a full set of 5 factory wheels and tires off a 2014 rzr 1000, taken off at dealer, 2 rears and 3 fronts, spare has never been on ground, you interested?? thx steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, i found out today for a fact the rzr 1000 factory wheels will not fit a rzr 900, 900 has a larger hub (5 in, not 4.5) bought wheels and tires and wont fit.. bummer steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts