PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A differnt kind of "Heat in the seat" thread, I have an 870 12 ga. that rides in the back window, a cc Sig P938 tucked away, and a few days ago I bought a new Sig P2022. A deal I couldn't pass up at Cabelas.

The P2022 is a single/double action, and I've never owned one before, but I like the feel of it. Too big to tuck in the waist band, comes with the molded holster, but I may get an aftermarket holster that fits and feels worth having.

Any tips on this gun, or a holster from you guys?

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
I edc is a glock 22 .40 cal that goes almost every where I go with a kydex holster I made myself. Not familiar with the sig you're referring too but they (sigs) have a good track record.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Ruger SR9 (9mm) in a thigh holster. There are bears up where I hunt. Not huge ones but big enough that I'll probably need the entire magazine.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I remember that thread. I think the title was "What Heat is in you ride"? and it is gone. It appears the admin is now trying to play mommy and daddy. DUMACRATS.

Reactions: pitbull and JJaxon

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Kind of depends what I'm doing around my property or how I'm feeling that day. At least one always rides with me. A couple of the AR's I built from scratch which have a longer list of add ons and parts then most Rangers here do and a heritage single action 22LR/22 Magnum

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Ruger SR22 pistol.

Reactions: shadebaby

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Glock 22 and Remington 870 12 gauge. Looking at the new Sig P320 compact I haven't heard anything bad about them. I like the way they are put together.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Remington 1911 R1 .45

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to buy the P320, but the dude showed me this P2022. It is $100 cheaper, and I had a $100 gift card. So I got it for $399. Here is the P938 above the P2022.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to buy the P320, but the dude showed me this P2022. It is $100 cheaper, and I had a $100 gift card. So I got it for $399. Here is the P938 above the P2022.

uploadfromtaptalk1459018132410.jpg

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
IMG_20160326_181911.jpg

Can't go wrong with a Sig John. I really like my buddy's P220. Feels good in the hand.

Usually have an SR 1911 with me. For some reason I'm stuck on 45's. ACP, COLT, or 45-70.

But I find myself grabbing this little guy for woods walking more often than not. 25 Cal PCP. Silent but deadly.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I like to carry my Ruger 10/22 takedown and either my S&W Air Weight 38+P or my Kimber CDP 1911 45.

image.jpg

Mike

Reactions: Expat

·
Registered
974 Posts
John,

Isn’t that model available in both .40 and 9mm?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
A differnt kind of "Heat in the seat" thread, I have an 870 12 ga. that rides in the back window, a cc Sig P938 tucked away, and a few days ago I bought a new Sig P2022. A deal I couldn't pass up at Cabelas.

The P2022 is a single/double action, and I've never owned one before, but I like the feel of it. Too big to tuck in the waist band, comes with the molded holster, but I may get an aftermarket holster that fits and feels worth having.

Any tips on this gun, or a holster from you guys?
John, there is a guy that use to post on here that makes fantastic custom holsters. If you think you may be interested, I can probably get you in touch with him.
http://www.prcforum.com/forum/28-wo...os/50452-recently-finished-1911-holsters.html
http://www.prcforum.com/forum/28-workshop-discussions-photos/46889-few-recently-made-holsters.html
http://www.prcforum.com/forum/49-off-topic-discussions/46037-my-new-holster.html

I remember that thread. I think the title was "What Heat is in you ride"? and it is gone. It appears the admin is now trying to play mommy and daddy. DUMACRATS.
Naw, still lots of gun posts. Here's one thread:
http://www.prcforum.com/forum/49-off-topic-discussions/44435-what-s-your-holster.html

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanx Forde, I sent him pm. Will advise if I get a reply.

·
Premium Member
1,397 Posts
John, thanks for starting this thread. It's been interesting seeing what everyone likes to bring along with them.

Reactions: JJaxon

·
Registered
87 Posts
My "beater" gun is a Rossi M92 trapper in .357mag. I like the lever gun because I can use snake shot in it reliably.

Reactions: Expat

·
Registered
86 Posts
My Ranger carry guns are a Taurus Judge with .410 shells for snakes and a Glock 21 because you can never have too many rounds of 45 in my mind.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts