PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just sitting here at home getting another 14 inches of snow ,a week after the blizzard we just had thinking mabee I should buy a plow,,,,,so what kinds of plows are you guys running on your 900s ??? pictures would be great too

Reactions: Decbowhunter

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 72inch warn, I would recommend to anyone, well built heavy mounts and frame. I also have a moose 60 inch on a quad, that I would not recommend, it is lighter duty, bends easy, hasn't stood up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Snow Vehicle Snowplow Automotive tire Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire All-terrain vehicle Tire
Snow Winter Road Freezing Sky
Snow Winter Freezing Sky Geological phenomenon
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Agricultural machinery Car

Love my Boss plow...18" of powder was no problem. This thing is a beast...no issues...highly recommened!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Some guys have all the luck...

Reactions: Grundo

·
Registered
106 Posts
Love my Boss V-Plow!!!!!!

Reactions: JJaxon

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Another Eagle 72" here. Seems to be pretty sturdy for the money spent. Going on 3 seasons and she's taken some good hits.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
after looking around ,I decided to order from super atv ,,,,,nice set up 10 guage steel instead of 11 or 12 .good reviews 72 " blade with a lifetime warrenty and adjustable hight for lift kits,,,,they make good stuff anyway!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've have a KFI 72" straight blade. Have got to use it a few times now. Seems really well built as far as I can tell, but I'm very new to this. It came with the rubber flap, and the mount even includes a front receiver hitch, which is a nice bonus. All I've had to do was add the plow markers, which I just made out of some electrical conduit I had lying around. Since they are Grey, they even match the blade. Also, the skids were held on with Hair Pin Cotters, which got pushed out a couple times. Luckily I didn't loose the skid in a snow bank somewhere as I noticed it right away. I have since switched to Split Cotter Pins to secure the skids. I don't really think I'll need to adjust there height very often so I think this should work for me. Pics from a couple months ago, when I first got the plow, and before we had any snow.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
621 Posts
Like dadasaurus, I too have the 72" KFI setup. Very well built and the integrated front receiver hitch on the mount was a welcome surprise, must have figured they already got the frame mount may as well give the customer a hitch too, all in one...good to see a company actually using common sense.

Snow Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Automotive exterior

·
Registered
2020 Ranger 1000 XP
192 Posts
I would like to upgrade to a boss. I broke my winch cable this weekend and would like a power pivot.

The warn plow is solid, but a boss sure would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I was born and raised in the land of 'Fisher' snowplows....owned 'Fisher' plows on pickup trucks over the years. Then from the land of Michigan comes 'Boss'....finally I put one on my pickup. The best plow I've ever owned. After two years, I had a light issue, went back to the Boss dealer, he got on the phone to Michigan, he hung up and said pull it right in, they want a new wiring harness installed, no cost to you...That IS customer service. Period. Easy on Easy off. I know I don't have a Boss on my Ranger. But I'd certainly recommend Boss to anyone.

Reactions: Grundo

·
Registered
321 Posts
I've have a KFI 72" straight blade. Have got to use it a few times now. Seems really well built as far as I can tell, but I'm very new to this. It came with the rubber flap, and the mount even includes a front receiver hitch, which is a nice bonus. All I've had to do was add the plow markers, which I just made out of some electrical conduit I had lying around. Since they are Grey, they even match the blade. Also, the skids were held on with Hair Pin Cotters, which got pushed out a couple times. Luckily I didn't loose the skid in a snow bank somewhere as I noticed it right away. I have since switched to Split Cotter Pins to secure the skids. I don't really think I'll need to adjust there height very often so I think this should work for me. Pics from a couple months ago, when I first got the plow, and before we had any snow.
View attachment 8968
nice ride:encouragement:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I wouldn't even think twice about getting another one if I needed it. Give John a call at Ball Equipment and tell him you neeeeeed it:positive:

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've got the KFI setup too in the 66" version. It's already proven to be stout as I've only plowed with it one day and centered a granite rock (part of a below ground boulder) which dinged the blade. Jared me pretty good, but everything is good. It also came with the 2" receiver on the mount.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

Reactions: JJaxon

·
Registered
203 Posts
Motoallince Denali standard plow. Comes with good recommendations but I haven't tried it out yet.
This is when I first got it.
It looks the same now:icon_frown:
View attachment 8967
Got one too and love it. Have used it all winter and it works great.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.