PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm starting to price shop around and have a few quote requests out to the sponsors here and elsewhere.
Just trying to get a feel for pricing expectations and wondering what you guys think is a good price for the base (no add-ons) 2015 570 EPS midsize UTV.
Also do dealers tend to work out some discounting if you buy some accessories and implements or should I expect to essentially pay the component price, not much room for negotiation?
It'll be my first UTV, so just trying to learn how the sales side of UTVs and accessories works.

·
Registered
321 Posts
When I bought my 2015 900 XP, I told them the price I was going too pay plus I wanted 15% off acc. Not sure what you should pay for a 570.

Reactions: Clover13

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got around 10% off MSRP just shopping the larger dealers in the SE. Abernathy's, Balls, Shoals, Offroad Powersports are good places to start.

Reactions: Clover13

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got a quote for a 570 before I bought my 900.... Can't remember what it was but they were going to eat the cost of the additional warranty and free install on any major accesories that I bought at the time of purchase , they did tell me they couldn't come down on the price of the machine though. So I told them I would buy out of state , they said that's fine but any warranty work they would have to do for me , I would go to the back of the line , or take it back where I bought it.... They are 10 minutes from my house ... It wasn't going to be worth saving 800 bucks going outa town, I've kept my money local and it's paid off already since I've had a few small issues that they have taken care of.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right that's an excellent point. All boils down to the cost difference I guess. If you can save 2-3k it's prob worth it. But in the end you're going to have to work with a local dealer and it could be an ugly relationship.

Also why did you go with the 900 over the 570? What made you want to upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
When I bought my 900 last fall for $13.k, someone pointed out to me the joint in Tenn had the 2014 for $10.500, had I known before hand,,,,I'd one shipped and still saved money...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Right that's an excellent point. All boils down to the cost difference I guess. If you can save 2-3k it's prob worth it. But in the end you're going to have to work with a local dealer and it could be an ugly relationship.

Also why did you go with the 900 over the 570? What made you want to upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you are thinking a possible 900, then you might inquire as well given those prices.

·
Registered
84 Posts
When I went and looked , I had never personally driven either the 570 or the 900 ... In my mind I was going to buy the cheapest model I could get , new or used. But I left the dealer without buying the first time during my first and second visit. I went home joined this forum and did done research . I went back and asked for a test ride. Once I stepped on the peddle in the 900 , it was obvious what machine Better fit my needs. Now I'm not saying the. 570 wasn't badass, I'm just saying the extra money is well spent on a 900.All said and done , the purchase price was the cheapest part of everything... It's the accessories that kill you

Reactions: alloutdoors

·
Registered
973 Posts
When I went and looked , I had never personally driven either the 570 or the 900 ... In my mind I was going to buy the cheapest model I could get , new or used. But I left the dealer without buying the first time during my first and second visit. I went home joined this forum and did done research . I went back and asked for a test ride. Once I stepped on the peddle in the 900 , it was obvious what machine Better fit my needs. Now I'm not saying the. 570 wasn't badass, I'm just saying the extra money is well spent on a 900.All said and done , the purchase price was the cheapest part of everything... It's the accessories that kill you
You bring up an excellent point, and if the budget allows, then test them all, do a little research and make the right choice on the front end. It is always cheaper to make the right choice on the front end :)

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I got a quote for a 570 before I bought my 900.... Can't remember what it was but they were going to eat the cost of the additional warranty and free install on any major accesories that I bought at the time of purchase , they did tell me they couldn't come down on the price of the machine though. So I told them I would buy out of state , they said that's fine but any warranty work they would have to do for me , I would go to the back of the line , or take it back where I bought it.... They are 10 minutes from my house ... It wasn't going to be worth saving 800 bucks going outa town, I've kept my money local and it's paid off already since I've had a few small issues that they have taken care of.
That dealer is full of BS and I would never step foot in his business. First of all, the warranty cost to the dealer is not near what they charge the customers; and what warranty was he going to "throw in" - the full monty or just a 2 year - Polaris or third party warranty? One the big selling points of the warranty, is that "all Polaris dealerships will honor it." I wonder how Polaris Corporate would look at a dealer that puts further, unwritten, restrictions on it!? When you take in your buggy for an oil change, you are going to pay the same price regardless if you bought it from him or someone else, and ALL oil changes go to the head of the line - that is a quick, high profit activity for the dealer. Warranty work at a dealership like that one is probably going to the back of the line - big hassle for him and no opportunity to inflate the cost - he gets what Polaris gives him... period!

Second, the 'installation' of accessories isn't squat. He would probably just wait until his techs had some idle time and YOU go to back of the line once you sign the contract! Do you really think he is going to give you priority over someone that is paying his hourly rate? Follow the $$ !

Fortunately, not all dealerships are like this guy, the good ones operate on a first-in-first-out basis and only give their highest volume customers any kind of priority and would be willing to tell you that. I'll be damned if I will give a dealership any of my business if he feels he has to blackmail me to make a sale! I'm the guy with wallet, I open it for the best deal, and then only to ethical businesses!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I've been communicating with Beth at Benton via email, she's been very helpful.
The price you've quoted is accurate.
They cannot ship, per some policy from Polaris.
If financing, an in person purchase and signing is required.
If I use other financing and pay in full, I can do it remotely and ship via uShip or some other third party.
Accessories are MSRP but they install them for free.

My local dealer is more expensive for the base unit by $1650.
They also quoted me an "out the door price" that was quite a bit higher as follows:
Unit Price: $11,499
Freight: $598
Set up: $298
Sales Tax: $867.65
Doc Fee: $84
Total Out the Door: $13,346.65

Not sure why I'm paying freight? I'd be picking it up locally...so am I paying for shipping from Polaris/distro?
So that's $13,346.65 out the door for just the base model 2015 570 EPS and no accessories. Ouch.

I may whip up a new topic on "must have" (or at least highly desirable) accessories to get an idea of what I might throw on to a new build and try to get pricing on, and/or discount if a dealer is willing to save there vs on the base unit only.

Edit @ 02/11/2015 4:15PM: Local dealer quoted 10% off any accessories that are purchased at the same time the UTV is.
Edit @ 02/11/2015 4:25PM: Local dealer indicated labor is not free, but some kind of deal could be worked out during the UTV purchase, that it certainly wouldn't be full price on accessories and/or labor.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Unless they've changed their policy, Abernathy's will not ship, nor will they allow you to arrange shipping. Others will work with UShip, etc.

My recommendation is to take your time and get your best out-the-door price from some of the competitive high-volume dealers. Then take that price to your local dealer and ask them to match it, "Out the Door". Of course you won't be able to ignore taxes if your state requires, but if Abernathy's or Benton's isn't charging for setup and freight, then your dealer shouldn't either (IF they want to sell you a Polaris). If they don't want to sell you a Polaris, then you've already got a good price from out of state... so go get it.

You're in the driver's seat - not the stealer!

Reactions: Grundo and fswan

·
Registered
973 Posts
I've been communicating with Beth at Benton via email, she's been very helpful.
The price you've quoted is accurate.
They cannot ship, per some policy from Polaris.
If financing, an in person purchase and signing is required.
If I use other financing and pay in full, I can do it remotely and ship via uShip or some other third party.
Accessories are MSRP but they install them for free.

My local dealer is more expensive for the base unit by $1650.
They also quoted me an "out the door price" that was quite a bit higher as follows:
Unit Price: $11,499
Freight: $598
Set up: $298
Sales Tax: $867.65
Doc Fee: $84
Total Out the Door: $13,346.65

Not sure why I'm paying freight? I'd be picking it up locally...so am I paying for shipping from Polaris/distro?
So that's $13,346.65 out the door for just the base model 2015 570 EPS and no accessories. Ouch.

I may whip up a new topic on "must have" (or at least highly desirable) accessories to get an idea of what I might throw on to a new build and try to get pricing on, and/or discount if a dealer is willing to save there vs on the base unit only.

Edit @ 02/11/2015 4:15PM: Local dealer quoted 10% off any accessories that are purchased at the same time the UTV is.
Edit @ 02/11/2015 4:25PM: Local dealer indicated labor is not free, but some kind of deal could be worked out during the UTV purchase, that it certainly wouldn't be full price on accessories and/or labor.
When comparing the two $13,346.65 vs. $9849, you might just consider jumping on a plane, fly in buy, arrange shipping and go home with it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I didn't have a trailer to haul but I drove 5hours to tuscumbia alabama to get a ranger. Spoke to the salesman about a utility trailer. Ended up getting a heck of a deal on a 6x12 trailer, the ranger, windshield, top, rear windshield, winch, and bumper for the same price as the local dealer wanted for just the ranger. All I was out was my time, gas, and food to make the 10 hour round trip. Saved 2500$ over the local dealer. At the time there were pop up coupons on the polaris website so was abLE to get a free 2 years warranty and Additional 250$ off accessories.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My dealer in the DFW area sells their Polaris vehicles at list price and only charges the state sales tax, if you are tax exempt (farm or ranch voucher) then you just pay the list and that's it, no setup fees, no nothing. If Polaris has a rebate or other discounts offered then they are taken from the list price and then that is what you pay. Pretty simple system, you know what each unit is going to cost you by just knowing the list price, there is no dealing on this price, that's it. This dealer only sells Polaris and they sell many at this way of selling, it's a no hassle sales approach, customers seen to like doing business this way. Accessories are the same way, list price and installed for free at the time of sale. There is no sales office, just a sales person (dealers daughter, best informed sales person I've ever talked with) she just goes behind the parts counter and prints you the invoice, that's it, don't you wish you local dealers did business that way. I would like to add that I must have visited this dealership six times before I purchased one, they were always informative and let me drive whatever I wanted to test drive and never pushed me to buy, that's there sales approach to selling.

John

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My dealer in the DFW area sells their Polaris vehicles at list price and only charges the state sales tax, if you are tax exempt (farm or ranch voucher) then you just pay the list and that's it, no setup fees, no nothing. If Polaris has a rebate or other discounts offered then they are taken from the list price and then that is what you pay. Pretty simple system, you know what each unit is going to cost you by just knowing the list price, there is no dealing on this price, that's it. This dealer only sells Polaris and they sell many at this way of selling, it's a no hassle sales approach, customers seen to like doing business this way. Accessories are the same way, list price and installed for free at the time of sale. There is no sales office, just a sales person (dealers daughter, best informed sales person I've ever talked with) she just goes behind the parts counter and prints you the invoice, that's it, don't you wish you local dealers did business that way. I would like to add that I must have visited this dealership six times before I purchased one, they were always informative and let me drive whatever I wanted to test drive and never pushed me to buy, that's there sales approach to selling.
Sounds like my dealer, except they have an office to sit in while they fill out the paperwork and their vehicle prices are always below list price and are some of the lowest in the nation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.