PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to keep my 14" wheels and based on my research I've narrowed it down to the Terminators and Roctane XDs. Am I getting close?

I like the aggressive the look of the terminators, but are the only good in the mud? How are they on pavement or hard pack?

The Roctane's seem more tame but are they as good? Maybe a better all around tire? Less tread, less life?

What 32" tires did you buy or would you buy?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
It depends on what your riding style is. I know you mention wanting to keep the 14" wheels so that limits your options some. I see you are street legal so if you want to get great tread life you will be better going with an LT tire over an ATV/UTV tire. Terminators ride good on hard pack for a mud tire but not as good as many other less aggressive tires. I can't tell you how pleased I am with my 31" Super Swampers, they do great in everything and are far smoother and stable on pavement than the stock tires. Personally I would stay with no more than 30s or 31s with your lift and if going to 32s or 34s strongly consider something like the SATV 6" lift. Either way budget in for clutching and axles.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Expat. I've been talking to John at BA and plan on ordering his 3" lift with Rhino axles and their beefed up tie rods. I'll set my current BA adjustable lift to 3" for a total lift of 6".

Wheels / Tire Options:

1) Keep my MSA Kore 14" wheels and just buy the 32x10x14 Roctanes ($725, then sell my 28" Vipr's on CL)

2) Order the Outback Max 32x10x17 tires with STI HD4 wheels ($1,500, then sell Kore/Vipr's on CL) (I think I may like black wheels better than chrome)

Do you think 32" tires are just too much for what the Rangers are built for? I could go with Outback Max 31x10x15, 15" MSA LOC wheels and drop my adjustable lift to 2" for a total lift of 5"??

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Can't say I would recommend stacking lifts to fit those 32s. The reason is the angle on the axles will be too much. If going 6" lift you will be better off with a true 6" lift which gives you longer control arms and axles. It makes you wider but gives you axle angles your CVs can tolerate. As far as being too much, well that depends on 2 things, your pocket book and right foot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Don't get terms.if you ride pavement, they wear pretty quick. I'd get the outback Maxx tires, looks like it would do better in mud and I know the rubber is harder on those
Or do like said above and grab some super swamped truck tires

·
Registered
642 Posts
The Mudder In Laws are pretty sweet tire as well, 8 ply tire, radial, and does awesome in the mud and very well in all terrain. My brother in law's both run them and I'm pretty impressed!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered The STI Outback Max Tires (32x10x17) on STI HD4 wheels. I don't run on pavement that often, mostly forest service roads and trails.

I also ordered the 3" arched a arm lift, billet tie rods and rhino axles (stock length) from John at Backwoods Armor. I'm hoping to run the new 3" lift with my adjustable BA lift already installed. I'll set it at 3" for a total of 6", I'm hoping the stock length axles will be long enough. John seems to think so. We'll see how everything holds up.

Now to find a clutch kit, I'm leaning towards the QSC weight kit.

·
Registered
290 Posts
not having good luck with my roctanes wearing fast and dont pull good in mud
about your lift i like what you have now max out tires at 30 inch maybe pitbull or mudderinlaw
my 08 with 6 inch lift 32 tires stays broke rino axles dont hold up gorillas are 456 each
ball joint wear fast, rear end wont stay in breakin mount tabs and ripping bolts out frame
no agility at all, lost any speed ,wont go straight . spend your money on rock sliders and skid plate.
ride safe

·
Registered
42 Posts
I would recommend steering stops if you don't already have them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If you are doing new axles, and u dont go balls out in mudholes you really shouldnt be in, I dont see an issue. You are doing all the right things to try to prevent breaking parts!

I just ordered a set of Terminators for mine, i went 29.5 because they are available for my current 12" rim.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.