PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
forde i have the same screw driver my mom & dad got me for xmas a long time ago ,and you are right about the memorys some tools just talk too you as if they have their personality some times they make you bleed ,then you rember god. :shock:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Ran,

Great saw!.

I just cannot choose only one! For this group, my gas welder and my TIG welder or maybe my epoxy infusion system or maybe my band saw. I would have to say, my workshop!

Michael Guest

2011 Ranger XP
2013 RZR JX

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
hmmmmmmm, well...outta the 30k in tools i own, its really hard to say ONE tool that i like the most. lol im sure i speak for A LOT of ppl when i say that. A mechanic by profession relies on his tools Day in and Day out, regardless of the weather conditions, or the circumstance. With this in mind, i have to narrow it down to tools that have NEVER left me down ever, at all...that slims it up a little bit. lol So with this in mind, i have to pick my S-K "tune up" ratchet. 3/8 drive. S-K is where its at. Ive hammered that ratcheds guts out in the palm of my hand since i graduated in 04. thats only one of my many tools i like. lol i love all tools. they all do a good job at paying my bills, keeping us warm, and keeping me fat. LOL

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I didn't look at all the posts but for me as someone that doesn't make a living with them but needs them to keep it running and not sure how much I have in them but could probably buy a P/U of my choosing with what's invested; up until a few years ago my most used would be air impacts but today it's my 18v cordless impact but thinkin for working on the toy's I need to drop to a 12v.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have 2.

I agree w/ pede58---my 18v Dewalt electric impact is excellent. I rarely drag out the air hose anymore unless it is for the wheel lugs on my truck. I also agree that the 18v may be a bit much for the smaller power sports stuff....may acquire a 12v for this.

Second is my 4" angle grinder with a cut off wheel. This thing has bailed me out of many situations when the only option left is to cut!

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Cordless are great, love my 18v 41/2! I was watching my Polaris dealer the other day he was using a 9.6v impact, to many choices not enough cash. I would also have to add my Mig and chop saw which has allowed me to build a lot of "stuff". It's tough to narrow it down to just 1.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Maybe I am cheating, but I have to add a 3rd tool to this. It is not really "shop" related, but I do store it in my shop...
I just picked up a commercial back back blower from my neighbor (RedMax). It is barely used and I picked it up for a great price. I have been using a much smaller stihl handheld which is also a great machine, but is nothing compared to this backpack unit! This thing will move a mountain of wet leaves with minimal effort. It became my new favorite tool (for at least the next few weeks) since the leaves are making quite a mess here in MI the last couple weeks. The thing is so powerful it will actually blow the mess of black walnuts into a nice pile for clean up. I AM IMPRESSED!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I would have to say my favorite tool would be the welder. It's always fun and can teacxh you a balance of when to slow down but also when you need to speed up and move foward.

·
Registered
33 Posts
To pick just one............. has to be the cordless impact, but I'd be lost without the compound mitre saw, or the sawsall, or the welder.......

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
To pick just one............. has to be the cordless impact, but I'd be lost without the compound mitre saw, or the sawsall, or the welder.......

Ha! Its certainly difficult to pick just one, isn't it, Don?..:)

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
Mine's still my Leatherman if it's what gets used the most out of everything I own.......other than that it would be battery powered tools. I once put a BIG steel shed together using nothing but a screw driver....on occasion I still get Flash Backs when my right arm hurts for no good reason:tears_of_joy:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here are videos of two of my favorite tools that I am fortunate to have. I make a lot of things with these tools

attached a gopro to the cutting head

101 - 117 of 117 Posts