PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, mostly use my 12' polaris ranger crew for plowing a small community. No mods except a boss v plow and hydraulics.

I would like to put the 14" Maxxis Snow Beast Tires with the MSA Battle Wheel. Will the 14x9 tire fit a 14x10 wheel? Web sites attached for reference.

Snow Beast | Maxxis USA
M23 Battle UTV Wheel ATV Wheel by MSA Wheels

Also, will I need a lift to have the 14 inch wheel? The Boss plow drops the front end quite a bit with the weight and I am looking at putting HD springs on. Anyone run the Boss V Plow with HD springs? Do they stop the sagging or just reduce it a bit?

Thanks for the help PRC...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ran 27x9x14 on front and 27x11x14 on the back of my 800 and never came close to rubbing. You should be fine with no lift

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Diameter of the wheel is irrelevant - a 27" tire on a 12" wheel takes up the same real estate as a 27" tire in a 14" wheel! Just need to be cognizant of the off-set. The 14x10 Battle has a 0 offset so they will stick out a bit further than your stockers; a little wider stance - will throw more snow on you unless you extend your fender flares a bit. Good lookin' wheel!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may have misstated my question, the Maxxis tire says it requires a 14x9 rim, and i would like to buy a 14x10 rim. Not knowing much about tires, I was wondering if I can make that combination work.....?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
It's generally not a good idea to install a tire that is narrower than the wheel (ie; 9" wide tire on a 10" wheel). You will likely lose any bead protection, and in a worst case scenario, could have issues keeping the bead seated in extreme off-road conditions.

For an off-road application, it's a standard practice to run a wheel that is 2" to 4" (sometimes even more) narrower than the tire.

Will it physically fit and work?......yes, it will.......but it says that they offer that wheel in a 14 x 7, so if it were mine, I would want to use that for the front and use the 10" wheel on the rear. Actually, unless you're going to run a 12" wide tire on the rear, I would use a 7" wide wheel on the rear as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts