PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So doing a pre trip inspection and noticed this:
700miles. How long should wheel bearings last? Are there any bearing manufacturers that are better than OEM? I don't think a 1 yr old ranger with 700miles should have all 4 bearing shot!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
What size tires are those?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
30x9.50-15. Only been on ranger about 25 miles and are 41 lbs each which isn't bad, so I don't thinks tires did it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hmm. Ive seen people swap them every 200 miles. My cousin in law has a 800 fullsize ranger and hes pit 2 sets in the rear with less than 1000 miles. He says he watches the camber and when one starts leaning in its time to swap

·
Special Advisor
1,480 Posts
Exact reason I moved to another brand....Too much time spent chasing cheap parts and not wrenching just for fun. I'm super easy on my stuff. I just plain got sick of it. Ball-joints,bearings, tie-rod ends, bushings all worn out at 700 miles on my 900. I don't do mud and didn't run large heavy tires. Just a shame Polaris can't or won't improve quality on wear items.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder if there are any brands better than others. I was thinking about getting a caliper and getting the specs and tring to find some automotive ones.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exact reason I moved to another brand....Too much time spent chasing cheap parts and not wrenching just for fun. I'm super easy on my stuff. I just plain got sick of it. Ball-joints,bearings, tie-rod ends, bushings all worn out at 700 miles on my 900. I don't do mud and didn't run large heavy tires. Just a shame Polaris can't or won't improve quality on wear items.
Thanks for the reassurance is wasn't just me. Courious though what keeps you on the PRC forum since you are a Kawasaki guy now.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Collinator= what are u running now? Have u had better luck?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Get a set from All Balls Racing......higher quality than OEM and about half the price.

Reactions: JJaxon

·
Registered
187 Posts
I agree, but I would rather fix a few cheap parts here and there than have to wear ear plugs when I ride. I really liked those T4 Teryx, but there to damn loud! I actually prefer the power of the Teryx.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Man I wish my bearings lasted 700 miles lol. I've got 800 on my 500 and I'm about to change for a 3rd time. I'm not anywhere near easy on my machine and I think it's holding up just fine

·
Vendor
1,653 Posts
It's amazing the difference riding conditions can make. Bearings and bushings generally last at least 1000 miles for us, but we're 98% rocks.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Will is right, lots of variables here, geographic and weather condition, weight and riding style to name a few. You might want to take an old set to your local bearing supply store, not autozone/napa or the like but a place like Motion Industries and have them match to a quality brand.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I get some time I am going to try to find an alternative to the OEM. If anyone is interested here are some numbers off the bearings, which I'm not sure how to use.
IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1729.JPG IMG_1728.JPG IMG_1726.JPG

Reactions: Bubbabuzz
1 - 15 of 15 Posts