PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some info on wheels that will narrow the wheel track of a 2020 northstar. , trying to get it under 64 inches on width.
Any one know offsets on a 2020 northstar wheels that come on them ?
T. Y.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm sure it can be done....but it will change the center of gravity and make it feel top heavy

·
Registered
212 Posts
You can look up some 6+1 offset wheels. Those will make it about 2" narrower, depending on tire width.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The problem with offset wheels that move more of the rim inboard may be clearance and interference with front suspension components when front wheels are turned to full lock and suspension is at full extension.

When I was getting read to buy new tires I thought about running the wide rear wheels on the front of my Ranger so I could have tires the same width as the original rear tires all around. I took one of my rear wheels and mounted it up front and found that the wheel hit the suspension under the conditions I mentioned above.

Even if this had worked it would not have narrowed my wheel track. In order to do that the wheel would have to have been narrower than the OEM front wheels and offset more, actually to the point that the wheel center actually stuck out from the wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts