PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Well, there are a couple of parks between Rusk and Lufkin. I'm not sure the name. There is River Run ATV Park between Jacksonville and Frankston near Neches. It has come under new ownership and they have cut new trails, and are building cabins. It borders the Neches River and is great in the summer. Mud Creek is in Jacksonville and like River Run, is about 4000 acres. Gator Run Park is near Longview. You have options, but they are about 3 hours away! All of these parks are good (and muddy). Cost is about $15/person and $10-15/ATV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jason,
I'm thinking that since I won't be far from Lake Conroe and Livingston, I might sell the Ranger and put that money toward a bassboat. But having both is a good option too, if I can find places to ride.

·
Registered
114 Posts
There are several "themed" rides throughout the year as well. Mud Nationals, Muddy GRAS, Mudstock, to name a few.

·
Registered
575 Posts
There is a place near Spring, TX that people ride along the river, I think it is the Trinity River. Soggybottom ATV Park outside of Bryan is another, plus all the mudparks that Jason spoke of. several hunting clubs in southeast Texas offer a summer riding pass where you can ride up until hunting season for a fairly cheap price..

·
Registered
575 Posts
But coming here from Colorado, where you are used to riding, will be very disappointing indeed... :cry: Not any snow covered mountains here, just lots of hot days and hotter days with a bit of humidity mixed in.. :shock:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'll hang onto it. A guy can't have too many toys. I actually lived around Houston for 20 yrs. before moving to Colorado. Been here 10 years now. I'll probably miss it. We spent this weekend riding in the snow north of Divide. Great time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts