PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you for this forum. We've learned many things about our Rangers here. We have a 2021 Northstar Ultimate. Live in northern WI where it gets cold. Heater works well but while riding cold air is coming in under the steering wheel and between the speakers and the cup holders in the dash. Anyone know where it might be coming in and what I can do to block it. I packed soft foam around the steering column and taped up the rubber grommet through the firewall. Helped but still coming through. Thank you for any suggestions. Dealer doesn't know.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
608 Posts
Same issue here. I thought it was from the steering wheel bracketed that mounts through the plastic. I’ve spent a bit of time trying to locate this. I shut all lights off in my garage put a flashlight under the dash look for light in the outside. No solutions found.
I’m subbed for a answer
Btw mine is a 2020 northstar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Same issue here. I thought it was from the steering wheel bracketed that mounts through the plastic. I’ve spent a bit of time trying to locate this. I shut all lights off in my garage put a flashlight under the dash look for light in the outside. No solutions found.
I’m subbed for a answer
Btw mine is a 2020 northstar.
There’s a big grommet in the center of the firewall with all the wires , I stuffed a rag in it to see if it helped and I believe it did

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
The air comes in around the frame stubs that the roll cage mounts to inside the dash on each side.
Like I said in post # 2 you will need to take the top off the dash to get to them.
Or you can just stay cold and wonder where the air comes from.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
There are some other small places that might need to be sealed up also so it is best to check it out on the road for other leaks before you put the top back on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello and thank you for this forum. We've learned many things about our Rangers here. We have a 2021 Northstar Ultimate. Live in northern WI where it gets cold. Heater works well but while riding cold air is coming in under the steering wheel and between the speakers and the cup holders in the dash. Anyone know where it might be coming in and what I can do to block it. I packed soft foam around the steering column and taped up the rubber grommet through the firewall. Helped but still coming through. Thank you for any suggestions. Dealer doesn't know.
start around front glass,I found rubber seal at home depo, Then get out spray foam and black paint,I have spent hours on my 2000,This is my 4th new one and do the same to each one plus what learned from last

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
608 Posts
The air comes in around the frame stubs that the roll cage mounts to inside the dash on each side.
Like I said in post # 2 you will need to take the top off the dash to get to them.
Or you can just stay cold and wonder where the air comes from.
I’ll be looking int this tomorrow. I’ll get some pix.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. I opened up the dash. I couldn’t find anything. Pics of where to look? Any one have a simple solution?
I tried to take the top of the dash off as Rocknroll suggested. Removed all the rivets, ride command and instrument cluster. But I could not get the dash to lift off. Must have missed something and didn't want to break anything. I thought maybe the heater/AC ducts were holding it. So I got frustrated and called Polaris. They said they have not heard of the problem, then transferred me to another tech who explained that it's an off road machine and not really supposed to have a sealed cab. For what we pay I didn't like that answer and told him so. I asked how it's going to keep dust out in the summer if it leaks this badly in the winter. My 2020 did not do this. And I've asked friends who have 2018 and 2019 North Stars that don't leak like this. So?? I know they are in AZ so not sure how they're going to test for cold air, but I have to assume it's going to leak hot air just as much. They said they would keep the ticket open and research it, and would let my dealer know the results. I'm not holding my breath. The best my friend at the dealership has come up with on his is stuffing foam up and around the steering wheel. A bandaid maybe but not a fix. We have identical machines (2021 NorthStar Ultimate). Except for this issue, which is a big one (currently 10 degrees outside), I love this unit. Everything else about it is great. But this air flow coming into the cab is TOO COOL (pun intended). If anyone comes up with anything to fix this PLEASE add to the thread. Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
nope, paid dealer big money to install cab insulation kit....barely did anything. My air is coming right through the gear shifter slot and under the steering wheel..and cups holders. my heater barely can keep up with all the cold air that comes in on a cold day at speed. NOT impressed with the polaris product. shoulda bought a can am.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts