PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
nope, paid dealer big money to install cab insulation kit....barely did anything. My air is coming right through the gear shifter slot and under the steering wheel..and cups holders. my heater barely can keep up with all the cold air that comes in on a cold day at speed. NOT impressed with the polaris product. shoulda bought a can am.
I'm disappointed also. Almost $30k for a 2021 NorthStar Ultimate and still have this cold air problem that Polaris doesn't seem to care about. So I have taken the dash apart (several times). The draft is not coming in at the frame stubs. The cab seal kit from the factory is covering those. When shining a light toward the firewall from the front wheels, I could see small areas of light coming thru from inside the dash with the instrument cluster and ride command units out. I put black silicone in all the holes I could find until I couldn't see any more light coming through. THEN, I sprayed Flex Steel on the cabin wall/firewall every where I could reach from under the front end. That really helped. About 80% of the leak is gone, but still a little coming in. Tolerable though. Still leaking in from somewhere but I can't find it. If I get lucky and find it I'll update.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have about 200 miles on my 2021 NS crew ultimate and I have to say mine seems well sealed. I dont have the cold air coming in like you guys have described. I just got back from a ride tonight and after reading this earlier today I actually checked. I can feel a VERY slight cold spot under the steering wheel at speed but it is very slight and can only be felt if the heater / fan is not on
I no this doesn't help much ...but it can be sealed up .

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I have about 200 miles on my 2021 NS crew ultimate and I have to say mine seems well sealed. I dont have the cold air coming in like you guys have described. I just got back from a ride tonight and after reading this earlier today I actually checked. I can feel a VERY slight cold spot under the steering wheel at speed but it is very slight and can only be felt if the heater / fan is not on
I no this doesn't help much ...but it can be sealed up .
I agree. Just wish I knew where. Our 2020 XP1000 was fully enclosed with the winter prep package and didn't have this problem. 😟

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm disappointed also. Almost $30k for a 2021 NorthStar Ultimate and still have this cold air problem that Polaris doesn't seem to care about. So I have taken the dash apart (several times). The draft is not coming in at the frame stubs. The cab seal kit from the factory is covering those. When shining a light toward the firewall from the front wheels, I could see small areas of light coming thru from inside the dash with the instrument cluster and ride command units out. I put black silicone in all the holes I could find until I couldn't see any more light coming through. THEN, I sprayed Flex Steel on the cabin wall/firewall every where I could reach from under the front end. That really helped. About 80% of the leak is gone, but still a little coming in. Tolerable though. Still leaking in from somewhere but I can't find it. If I get lucky and find it I'll update.
Did this stop the cold air from under the tilt wheel column??

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP 1000
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Did this stop the cold air from under the tilt wheel column??
It stopped about 80% of the cold air. As a final step I stuffed soft foam around the steering column. I'd say it's about 90% better now. Still a little cold air coming in but very tolerable now with the heater on. Still PO'd at Polaris though for ignoring this. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
108 Posts
I might be a little late to the game but what i found was that where this brace that goes across the front of the dash but on the outside is open. See the bolt hole for starters is wide open to the inside. Then looking at the two pictures the metal support i have circled is right in front of the square hole circled in the second picture. I shoved foam rod in the gap best i could reach on the outside. A trim push plug i had laying around for the hole in that bracket...and the one by a/c lines. Then a little clear or black silicone around where the metal square is not welded up behind the brake pedal (on the inside). Think i slid some more foam rod on the inside too but finished off by shoving a small towel above and to the right of the brake pedal cus it is so tight up in there even with lower dash off. I personally feel the steering column is sealed well because if you look the shaft turns right as it exits the firewall (if thats what you wanna call it).

The picture of the metal brace is looking in the driver’s wheel well and up toward the center. Polaris parts diagram for other item.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello and thank you for this forum. We've learned many things about our Rangers here. We have a 2021 Northstar Ultimate. Live in northern WI where it gets cold. Heater works well but while riding cold air is coming in under the steering wheel and between the speakers and the cup holders in the dash. Anyone know where it might be coming in and what I can do to block it. I packed soft foam around the steering column and taped up the rubber grommet through the firewall. Helped but still coming through. Thank you for any suggestions. Dealer doesn't know.
There is no fix I've owned 5 of em and they all had the same leaks. The 2020 I had made me so mad filled the whole dash with expand a foam and the metal roll cage bottom opening of cup holders and the bastard still leaked. Ive called Polaris every year tell them I hear they never heard of this well im the unluckiest person in the world then lol. Every ranger I've drove has the same leaks I've just given up.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts