PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570 Midsize
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I just got street plates for my 570 ranger midsize in New Hampshire, the issue is the state gave me two plates (full size), and I need to mount one to the FRONT somewhere. I have a winch on the front, so I was trying to find a fairlead mounting solution, but all of them appear to be made for full-size winches for jeeps. Does anyone have a solution for this? If I go too high ill block the radiator, and mounting it low blocks the tiedown hook and is angled really hard to the ground.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Hey folks, I just got street plates for my 570 ranger midsize in New Hampshire, the issue is the state gave me two plates (full size), and I need to mount one to the FRONT somewhere. I have a winch on the front, so I was trying to find a fairlead mounting solution, but all of them appear to be made for full-size winches for jeeps. Does anyone have a solution for this? If I go too high ill block the radiator, and mounting it low blocks the tiedown hook and is angled really hard to the ground. View attachment 134881
If it was me, I would just display it on the bottom left corner of the windshield in front of me (inside) if the officer has a problem then I would ask him for his opinion, I don't think you'll get a ticket for that.

Place the rear plate on the tailgate, I don't know if you need a plate light on the rear according to New Hampshire state law.

Option b:

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,017 Posts
I guess I’d mount it under the winch on the non slotted part of the skid plate.

I don’t think there is a rule that says what angle it needs to be, but if there was, you could always make an angled bracket.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570 Midsize
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it was me, I would just display it on the bottom left corner of the windshield in front of me (inside) if the officer has a problem then I would ask him for his opinion, I don't think you'll get a ticket for that.

Place the rear plate on the tailgate, I don't know if you need a plate light on the rear according to New Hampshire state law.

Option b:

My plan on the rear is to make a PVC mount into the bed holes that will hold my orange triangle and rear plate, so thats no issue. Given my ranger is exempt from inspections, I dont think I need a plate light. I have some ability to do some light metal work, so I might be able to fab up at angle bracket down low, I think im going to try some rubber gaskets and zip ties down below, but above the tie down point if itll fit and see if anyone gives me shit about that. Plus if its angled there wont be anything to bend if I rub the bumper off the ground.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I'm just jealous that you live in a state that allows SxSs to be driven on the streets. I'd drive one to work everyday if I could, although, I'd have to buy one first.

That got me thinking, I'm probably the only forum member that doesn't own a Polaris.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,017 Posts
For the rear, I have mine attached to bed frame underneath the bed.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I'm just jealous that you live in a state that allows SxSs to be driven on the streets. I'd drive one to work everyday if I could, although, I'd have to buy one first.

That got me thinking, I'm probably the only forum member that doesn't own a Polaris.
What you bring to the table is way more important than owning one, you actually help and we thank you for that.

Reactions: BPS

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,017 Posts

I’ll make you more jealous just for fun. Not only is mine street legal but it’s also a one time fee to have a permanent plate. Also, the plates are the size of a motorcycle plate. Only for the rear, btw.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570 Midsize
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Its very uncommon in this state to have street plates for a SxS. You need to either own a farm or a construction company. These plates are expensive as its calculated the same way a car is (so these were near 300 dollars for a 14mo registration). Im restricted to 50 and down roads, and within 10 miles of my farm (or job site if you got them via owning a construction company) . In addition you are suppose to be doing things related to your farm/business, but those restrictions are pretty broad. It seems silly to not allow them more easily given how rural most of NH is, and that we have over 1000 miles of ATV/SxS trails in the northern part of the state.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Its very uncommon in this state to have street plates for a SxS. You need to either own a farm or a construction company. These plates are expensive as its calculated the same way a car is (so these were near 300 dollars for a 14mo registration). Im restricted to 50 and down roads, and within 10 miles of my farm (or job site if you got them via owning a construction company) . In addition you are suppose to be doing things related to your farm/business, but those restrictions are pretty broad. It seems silly to not allow them more easily given how rural most of NH is, and that we have over 1000 miles of ATV/SxS trails in the northern part of the state.

Bathroom video just for you

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That does remind me that we have something kind of similar. If you own farm/ranch land and you have two properties separated by 30 miles or less you can drive a SxS with the triangle or a four wheeler with an eight foot flag from one property to the next. I thought about getting two goats, one for home and one for the shop but it seems like too much work.

What you bring to the table is way more important than owning one, you actually help and we thank you for that.

Thanks w, I appreciate that. I like to help folks but I learn from here as well.

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570 Midsize
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That does remind me that we have something kind of similar. If you own farm/ranch land and you have two properties separated by 30 miles or less you can drive a SxS with the triangle or a four wheeler with an eight foot flag from one property to the next. I thought about getting two goats, one for home and one for the shop but it seems like too much work.

Thanks w, I appreciate that. I like to help folks but I learn from here as well.
Yeah, I was surprised I was eligible as the plates are listed as Special Commercial. I was very explicit with the DMV that I was not a commercial farm, but they said it didnt matter, as long as I met the state definition of farm. If you own equines, you are a farm per state law so that made it quite simple even though I only have 10 acres.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised I was eligible as the plates are listed as Special Commercial. I was very explicit with the DMV that I was not a commercial farm, but they said it didnt matter, as long as I met the state definition of farm. If you own equines, you are a farm per state law so that made it quite simple even though I only have 10 acres.
I need to see the horses and the tank please

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
The tank isnt mine, but the horses are - View attachment 134886
My uncle had a few American miniatures, he was trading them and oh my God, some of them were really nasty and some of them were dolls.

Thanks for the post

Reactions: jimh406

·
Registered
2021 Ranger 570 Midsize
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My uncle had a few American shorts, he was trading them and oh my God, some of them were really nasty and some of them were dolls.

Thanks for the post

They are both quite nice, although one is a little food possessive around the other

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
They are both quite nice, although one is a little food possessive around the other
We used to put the feed down by seniority

Reactions: jimh406

·
Registered
347 Posts
Since you said you have some fab capability you could use some of these, or similar. Make a custom roller fairlead bracket that snaps on and off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts