PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have looked at every type of lift out there. I am still unsure which one to pick. I have a 2014 900 crew I would like to go as high as possible without having problems I mainly will be using the rig for hunting/trail riding in the mountains I thought about the s3 5" lift with 28" tired they told me I should not have problems with my stock axles then I read on forums people have broke the rear ones with this lift in the first creek. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks I am really leaning towards the satv 6"
I installed the S3 5" arms on my 2014 crew and the fit of the kit was perfect, installed in 2 hours with zero issues. I have Moto MTC 30x10x16 and axle angle is 21 degrees. My Polaris dealer felt the stock axle should be fine, but I know this has to do with your right foot. Ideally anything aver 2" should probably replace axle, but I will run stock until a brake one. Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks nice I went ahead and ordered the 6" Satv lift I like the idea of a little extra width for stability with the Satv lift my worry is that it replaces the factory shocks so I don't know how it will effect the ride I will let y'all know after I get it installed.

·
Registered
764 Posts
...my worry is that it replaces the factory shocks so I don't know how it will effect the ride....
For ride quality I recommend putting the stock spring on the phantom shocks that come with the kit...the stock spring are progressive and will give you a much better ride...

If you plan to haul heavy leave the Phantom springs in the rear, but certainly do the fronts either way...

I tested just replacing the front springs then tested replacing the rears as well, I have taken the stock springs back off of the rear because the machine sags more easily with weight in the bed...but the ride was definitely better when the stock springs were in the rear too...if i didn't always have a fair amount of weight in the bed I would have left the stock springs on the rear...

My final solution is to change out all 4 shocks and springs soon with something that actually has some rebound control, I've been eyeing the 2.5" Walker Evans like the RZR's have in the rear, I talked to a guy at WE and they said they could make any length shock i wanted to fit my machine, about $450 per shock....

but I just blew my wad on a clutch kit a couple weeks ago so I'll have to bounce around like a pogo stick for a little while longer :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
...'nother thought...if you do swap springs you'll probably want to rob the spring collar off of your stock shock, it will fit better than the collar that comes with the Phantom shock...you'll need to flip the lower collar as well because the stock spring is a little wider there...

Don't forget to apply blue lock-tite back on the threads at the top of your shock rod or the shock will come apart if you ever soften the springs down the road after you install....just another lesson I learned the hard way, luckily I had a tree handy near me on the trail to winch my machine up while i put the shock back together :)

Notice the threads have no lock-tite :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Glad to know about the crew 900,its really an awesome design and without doors it looks very beautiful as the rangers want for the ride.i know well about its interior and specs which made by this company in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts