PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new to the SxS world and looking to possibly buy a Ranger for both work and play around the house.
I've had my eye on the 2015 570 EPS, but have a few questions on whether it'd be a good fit for what I'd like to do.

As far as work around the house...the following are some key needs.

1) I'd be using it to plow driveway areas that are a mix of gravel/crushed stone, asphalt, and concrete pads. Any concerns around plowing any of those? Any recommendations on a plow, either the Polaris stock one or aftermarket?

2) I'd be using it to mow lawn areas. Are there any mowers attachments you guys would recommend? I've seen videos of the Brutus using a front mounted finishing mower, but don't see it as a listed accessory on the Polaris site.

3) I'd be using it (hopefully) to grade gravel and dirt roads (about 1/2 mile). Would it be suitable for this? Again I've seen grading attachments and saw that Polaris used to sell one but don't seem to any longer. Any idea why they stopped selling them? Do you know of any aftermarket ones that would be good to check out?

Beyond that it'll be used for light yard work and cruising around, just having some fun.

Looking forward to some feedback!

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Welcome to PRC! The 570 has proven to be a great performer and probably wouldn't have any problems with the tasks you outlined. You are wise to be looking at one with EPS! As far as grounds working implements go, take a look at the Proman (PRC Sponsor) products; ProManPTO - PTO for your atv and utv . There are several others as well, might want to look at a tractor supply store or search on 'UTV Implements' & 'ATV Implements' (some of the ATV implements work on UTVs as well). As far as snow plows, there are a several vendors that have good products - look at some of the plow threads on this forum.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The 570 is a strong unit and agree, get the EPS. It appears to me given the list of needs, I would look at a heavier unit and go beyond the 570 with added capacity. In my opinion, I would want a larger/heavier unit and footprint if mowing and gravel work. Here is some additional information on gravel work on a Ranger http://www.prcforum.com/forum/108-mid-size-rangers/53396-eagle-plow-570-crew.html

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys!
I think 570 wise, mowing shouldn't be a problem with the implements fswan linked to.
I think the bigger unknown is the box scraper/grader and does a 570 have the power to do it effectively?
I'd hate to undersize a scraper to where it doesn't do much of anything, and likewise I'd hate to oversize it to where the 570 can't pull it effectively or even worse risk damaging the 570.
I'll keep digging around and see if I can find any scrapers/graders others are putting on their 570s.

·
Registered
621 Posts
The 570 is a good "bang for your buck" machine !!! I have a KFI plow setup on my Ranger and like it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hehe, still pretty expensive rigs...figure all decked out for what I'm looking to do and a full cab/doors setup is probably close to $20K if you go with primarily Polaris parts (which is likely a premium over aftermarket brands, but might "fit" better).

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sounds like your looking for a work horse you need to check out the 900 xp EPs.OK plow snow with a cycle country 72" poly blade 21" high with a 6" curvature works great. You should give it a try at your dealer.just another opinion. Hope. This helps men.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.