PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '14 Ranger 570 LE w/EPS. What size winch do I need? I see winches from 2500# - 5000#. Help please.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Im.running the 5k viper elite and absolutely love it.

Reactions: RedBeard

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ive got a 4k viper max. Great winch with a great price.

·
Registered
166 Posts
4k warn winch

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
4k warn winch
That's what I have as well. Only had to use it once to pull Ranger "off" the parking pawl. I haven't had to use it to get unstuck, yet.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have bound up my 3500lb Moto Alliance quite a few times helping others out and it has done everything it needed to do.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
Superwich 4500# but have used warn winch on my old polaris sportsman atv.both have worked great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I am going to get the Viper Elite 4k. Looking at the installation manual I do not see a fuse between the battery & winch. Does it not need one?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
My viper 5k didn't come with one either. Never installed one either

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a viper 5k also that thing will pull it don't know quit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just an FYI, I just spoke with Motoalliance on the phone, they have their Viper Elite 4500 on sale for a crazy good price (don't know how long it will last). After hours of research on winches, I was going to get a Viper Max 4000, but this deal prompted me to get the Elite 4500. A large amount of people love the Viper winches across all the forums I read, and I myself just don't have the funds to drop on a similar warn winch, but I still wanted something that performed and was reliable. A huge thanks to Matt from Light It Up Off-road (getlitfs.com) for letting me know about this deal when I inquired about buying a Viper winch from him. Honesty and integrity go a long way in my book.

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Looks like I am going to get the Viper Elite 4k. Looking at the installation manual I do not see a fuse between the battery & winch. Does it not need one?
Typically, no. Reason being is that it can pull over 300 amps under some conditions. Some folks do run a high amp circuit breaker between the winch and the battery - most don't. You would, however, run a fuse between the contactor and the switch (the small wires).
viper 4000.JPG

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Okay, I figured there must be a fuse somewhere in there. How big of fuse does it require?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Must be a wide spool. I can't run a wide spool on my machne.
Just an FYI, I just spoke with Motoalliance on the phone, they have their Viper Elite 4500 on sale for a crazy good price (don't know how long it will last). After hours of research on winches, I was going to get a Viper Max 4000, but this deal prompted me to get the Elite 4500. A large amount of people love the Viper winches across all the forums I read, and I myself just don't have the funds to drop on a similar warn winch, but I still wanted something that performed and was reliable. A huge thanks to Matt from Light It Up Off-road (getlitfs.com) for letting me know about this deal when I inquired about buying a Viper winch from him. Honesty and integrity go a long way in my book.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Just an added opinion here, I've been in dealings with the guys at MotoAlliance since they started. They're a great bunch of people who sell top quality products at reasonable prices. I challenge anyone who may be skeptical to put any other brand ATV/UTV winch up against one of MotoAlliance's Viper Winches of similar capabilities...I'll practically guarantee you that there's no better winch on the market for the price!

·
Registered
88 Posts
what did they give you for a PRC discount? I wasn't a member yet when I got mine about a week ago. I got the 4500 wide with mount for $404.00. They were great to deal with. would recommend them to anyone. Too bad for me that this is the only part of my machine that I have yet. I walk right by it every time I walk into garage and it drives me nuts. still waiting for my new machine.....

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's what I gave for the 4500 I purchased with the winch mount. I didn't ask about the PRC discount, figured they wouldn't stack the PRC discount on the already discounted elite winch. I should have asked, never hurts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts