PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

has polaris resolved your sticking throttle?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting over 3 months for the sticking throttle in my 2020 XP1000 to be replaced.
I have spoken to Polaris customer service more than once on this issue.
So far one thing is very clear: Polaris does not care about it's customers.
I have lost use of it through spring planting season. Polaris does not appear to have any intent to do anything whatsoever to compensate for this situation. I've lost 3 months or use, warranty, enjoyment... 3mo of depreciation. 3mo of insurance...
I have owned several rangers and currently own two. Extended family has numerous rangers. We use all polaris SxS's and all Honda 4wheelers.
My next SxS will be a honda.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
142 Posts
When the official letter came out months ago i stopped into the local dealer. They had 5 coming. Those got backordered so i apparently fell off the list because when i went in to see roughly how long until mine was in you’d swear i had a horn (or some other appendage) sticking outta my head for the strange look i got. Im now officially chicken scratched onto “the list”. Not holding my breath it will be done soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if mine wasn't sticking it wouldn't be a big deal. Hopefully yours isn't?
When you press mine it stays at the level you push it until you pull the pedal back toward you.

·
Registered
2015 Polaris ranger 570 XP
3,967 Posts
I understand your frustration but I would caution against placing the blame on Polaris. It's just a guess but I believe Polaris is having the same problem getting parts and new units as mothers are having getting baby formula - supply chain issues. I would gamble that Honda and almost every other manufacturer of almost anything is having similar problems. Yesterday a friend told me he just received the new truck he ordered almost two years ago. IMHO this is a direct consequence of a few factors; globalism, for one, where instability in the world causes us to rely other countries for various goods and we can be held hostage should they choose to put their resources elsewhere. It now appears that the inexpensive goods we were getting from overseas weren't actually that inexpensive at all and now we're paying the price, perhaps not in dollars but instead in time. Then comes our current leadership (if it can be called that) which has caused high inflation, allowed people to choose not to work and instead to rely on government stimulus checks to get by exacerbating the problem of a society of young people who expect everything to be handed to them, and energy shortages caused by an insane ideology that oil is the second most evil thing in the world, second only to those who oppose the left.
Until we once again enjoy leadership that puts America and Americans first, understands that without abundant affordable energy nothing can be manufactured or moved and that people have to produce to survive I don't expect things to get much better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts