PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am new to the forum and unsure if this is really the place to post. Our fire company got a 2017 Polaris Ranger 6x6 in May 2017, delivered in July 2017. It has a WideOpenCo cab (my research shows it is from Rangerware) and since we got the unit, the Driver side door window will not roll up. (it is manual hand crank windows like a 1980s car) We contacted the dealer and they finally got back to us in January saying that WideOpenCo. went out of business and they cant find the parts and are unsure what is wrong with the window why it won't go up. I am trying to find a place where I can go to find replacement parts for this type of window system. We want the dealer to fix it before the warranty is up but they have not been too responsive.

Also are there any tips on the removal of the inner door panel? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a picture below of the unit I am talking about.
Final 1.jpg

·
PRC Sponsor
856 Posts
Agreed. The doors are bonded together. If you cannot access the issue from the panel... well it'll probably be a major job. Rangerware is out of business. Don't know how the dealer warranty would work.

I had those doors on my 2011, just remove the access panel and look inside, it most likely just fell off the track.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed. The doors are bonded together. If you cannot access the issue from the panel... well it'll probably be a major job. Rangerware is out of business. Don't know how the dealer warranty would work.
Yeah I found out they were out of business but I don't know how because it looks like they had a ton of business! I was looking for an exploded parts diagram on their products but I have come up with nothing on many searches. The dealer picked up the door tonight and is going to examine it and see what needs to be fixed and bring it back. I even contacted SidebySide Stuff and Polaris itself and noone had any answers either so I figured maybe someone here might have had info on where to get parts or diagrams or even how customer service was with them if they did have a problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've never seen a parts breakdown for the doors. I'm sure its not magic in there, I've been to the company and they made things out of commonly sourced parts.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had those doors on my 2011, just remove the access panel and look inside, it most likely just fell off the track.
Aczr2k, you were correct, it did come off the bottom lifting track. It seems there was not enough mastic in the bottom track and when the window would go up, it would "fall" back and get stuck. Our 1 firefighter is getting mastic from his house and we will put more in the track in both locations on the bottom as there is very little in there right now. We are going to put the extra mastic in and let it sit for a week and see if that works.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This issue has been resolved. There was not enough mastic in the bottom track for the window. We pulled the window out, put new mastic in, closed the window and let it set for 48 hours. Window now works fine and rolls up and down 100% with no issues. Thank-you to all for the help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the update. I always wonder about all the Rangers that stay unfixed out there, lol.
You are welcome, I figured that if anyone else has an issue similar to this, maybe this can get them in the right direction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts