PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title is self-descriptive. I would like to know the width at the outer edges of the tires for an older unit (1999 in this case, but presumably at least a 1998 through 2005 would be the same width). If the footrest width is wider that the outer edges of the tires, then I would need to know that width. I know the overall width is listed in the Specs as 60", but hopefully that measurement is somewhere above the railing height (approx. 12") of my 5' x 10' trailer.

thanks,
crossing_patoka

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
That width should be at the wheels/tires. The floorboard area is only slightly narrower. Unfortunately, I no longer have my '06 XP or I'd take some measurements. But I can tell you from experience, they will fit on a 5' wide trailer unless somebody has installed aftermarket wheels (or spacers) to change the width.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That width should be at the wheels/tires. The floorboard area is only slightly narrower. Unfortunately, I no longer have my '06 XP or I'd take some measurements. But I can tell you from experience, they will fit on a 5' wide trailer unless somebody has installed aftermarket wheels (or spacers) to change the width.
thanks commander,

you are correct and the proof is in the puddin'.

just unloaded my new '99 in the dark off of the tilt-bed 5'x10' trailer, forded the creek through about 8 to 10 inches of water and drove, more like riding on a cloud, up to the house.

paul, as in bunyon, told me he likes his new open space in the 4-vehicle carport. he said the floor being on a hillside slope was much more comforting to him, too. paul has a nicely engineered diy removable auto glass windshield, additional high-mounted, forward-facing and on-with-the-key led running lights, new tires, a full-height headache rack, a snow plow blade, hard top, roll-up back sheeting, soft doors and misc. oils, filters and belts. oh, and a package of deer steaks dated nov. 2014 and a package of venison snack sticks. paul has been well taken care during his 358 hours. the wheels had about 2" to spare on each side. sweet, sweet and sweeter. and the rig cost me well under $5k.

have been glad to have the opportunity to chat about newbie and other stuff here with you during the treasure hunt. now, on to researching a double axle open box trailer with tires not unlike those paul has. maybe northern tools, ??

all the best to you for the holiday,
crossing_patoka

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Huh? Lost me!

Reactions: Glngib
1 - 6 of 6 Posts