PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for suggestions for a winch mount for my new 2018 midsize 570 ranger.
I purchased the KFI mount, went through the hassle of installing it (and the winch) only to discover the mount makes contact with the radiatior. This was clearly a set up that was going to cause problems. So, I spent some more time removing it and putting everything back together. Now I have a new ranger, new winch and no mount.
I'm looking for something that will simply work w/o causing problems down the road.
In addition to the radiator interference, the mounting hardware wasn't even close to correct nor were the instructions or illustrations. I called the mfg to confirm it was the correct kit before starting. They confirmed it was- fits more than one model, instructions and pics left a lot to be desired.
Disappointed but not the end of the world. Wasted 1/2 a day to get back to square one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 18’ 570 full size and I am using the kfi mount. It is very close to the rad but not touching. Made me nervous a lil. But it fits.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an 18’ 570 full size and I am using the kfi mount. It is very close to the rad but not touching. Made me nervous a lil. But it fits.
Glad it worked for you. I hoped it would for me.
The mount was touching the crimped aluminum edge of the radiator. Not to mention the radiator is mounted with rubber isolating bushings that allow for some movement. I could tell it wasn't a set up that would work long term. I had it in place properly.
Again, I had the mechanical part completely done. Even after considering some grinding, there just wasn't enough space between mount and radiator for me to be comfortable.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Quadboss set up I put on my rig has been great past cpl yrs of using it

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ordered a Polaris winch kit on ebay for$190. Part # 2878785. Has 3500lb winch, mount, roller fairlead, contactor, wires etc. Hope it's right but saw it priced everywhere else for about $449. Will see when it gets here.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered a Polaris winch kit on ebay for$190. Part # 2878785. Has 3500lb winch, mount, roller fairlead, contactor, wires etc. Hope it's right but saw it priced everywhere else for about $449. Will see when it gets here.
This looks like its for older models. Could they be the same? In that aspect.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How did this work out? I can't imagine that the difference would be that drastic but it possibly could be.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed the Polaris mount that came with the Polaris/Warn 3500# winch, I didnt have many issues although the bolts that attach the mount to the bumper could of been larger, I have a 18' 500 and I am guessing the winch fits several models.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I ended up doing the same.
it was listed as the correct one for my 18 midsize 570.
Installed today w/o a problem.

this was the title on ebay.
"NEW OEM Polaris MID SIZE RANGER 2878785 HD Winch Kit - 3500 lb."

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking for suggestions for a winch mount for my new 2018 midsize 570 ranger.
I purchased the KFI mount, went through the hassle of installing it (and the winch) only to discover the mount makes contact with the radiatior. This was clearly a set up that was going to cause problems. So, I spent some more time removing it and putting everything back together. Now I have a new ranger, new winch and no mount.
I'm looking for something that will simply work w/o causing problems down the road.
In addition to the radiator interference, the mounting hardware wasn't even close to correct nor were the instructions or illustrations. I called the mfg to confirm it was the correct kit before starting. They confirmed it was- fits more than one model, instructions and pics left a lot to be desired.
Disappointed but not the end of the world. Wasted 1/2 a day to get back to square one.

I called KFI and it looks like you got the same mount I did it is not the correct one. KFI #101560 is the correct one and not listed on amazon. I used the # 101330 and modified it with my grinder giving about 3/8" clearance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My 2017 midsize 570 has a Warn Provantage 3500. It's also got the snow blade mount, too. It's been perfect for 2 1/2 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts