PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a badlands 3500 winch for a Ranger 570 midsize 2018. Mounted just fine. Mounted solenoid without issue. Yellow to yellow, blue to blue from the winch to the solenoid. Black to the negative on the battery, red to the positive on the battery. Last step, which is my issue, the switch!!!!! Anyone have a suggestion for a step by step. Every time I hook the red wire from the switch to a power source nothing happens. And given the sparks I've made fly, it has power. I have a wire remote that is mounted to the front of the grill. I sent its red wire to red wire on the solenoid. I put its white wire to the black wire mount on the solenoid. Still, no power with that switch either. The switch below in teh dash has a red wire that needs to go to an ignition wire. I think I do not know where to find THE ignition wire and when I do, do I just cut and splice? I followed the diagram from badlands 3500 manual. Trying not to beat the front area of my Ranger with a sledge hammer.........Please help

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
OK, you should have 2 switches, the fixed & the remote with the long cord
The switches must be wired thru the solenoid/contactor
If you have wired them to hot red, nothing is going thru the contactor
The red wire on both go to a different connection but the black goes to the same connection
Notice the 3 plugs/wires on side of contactor
The fixed switch red goes to the green plug on the side of the contactor
The remote long cord should be 2 piece & the red goes directly to top of contactor
Both switch black goes to left plug on side of contactor
Remember the short center black on side goes to top black on contactor

please put your main red to ignition switch or power bar that has 12+ volts only when key is on or running

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have to admit it took me a few hours to put this together and essentially do what you just wrote. Nothing worked.....Until.....yes, I will admit this.......I did not have the main black wire grounded to anything. It was literally laying on the ground very near to the grounding post where all the other black terminals are hooked up. I had spent so much time trying to wire the front contactor that I forgot to close the loop. There.....I feel better. Admitting to my stupidity on the internet has made me a better person, not a smarter person, just a better one. I do appreciate your post and hope it helps someone who has the same wiring issues I had. Thank you!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts