PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day
I have a polaris 4500lb winch on my 16 ranger 570 xp. Today while plowing I noticed the winch wouldn’t pay out or in.
I check the connections on the bus and noticed a loose wire on the positive side. While trying to tighten it I arced it and now it appears I have no power to the bus. My wipers or roof light doesn’t work now either.
Any suggestions as to what this could be.
I have checked the one online fuse at the bus bar but it’s fine.
The winch was dealer installed so I don’t know if there is an inline fuse between the battery and the bus.
Any help is appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good day
I did, all fuses in main box are good. It appears only the items that are powered by the bus bar don’t work.
Everything else on the machine works fine. There is obviously a fuse somewhere that I don’t know about. I guess.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Not sure of the bus bar setup on your machine, but might there be a relay to supply power? Start at the bus with key on and check for voltage. Work your way back to battery checking voltage as you go. A diagram is what you need. Service manual download for 10 bucks is the best investment you can make on these things. Let us know.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SO I found the problem. It’s the power cable from the battery to the bus.
There is a 200 amp seal fused on the cable and it’s gone. Gotta replace the cable.

·
Registered
382 Posts
SO I found the problem. It’s the power cable from the battery to the bus.
There is a 200 amp seal fused on the cable and it’s gone. Gotta replace the cable.
Just cut out the fuse and splice a new one in , no need to replace the whole cable .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts