PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to put a windshield and roof on my 2020 xp1000 but all the reviews on Polaris website are trash. Thinking about going with glass and the plastic sport roof with lock and ride. What's everyone else using?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a Polaris glass wiper ready windshield with Polaris wiper and love it. You don't have to worry about scratches, just get in and ride. I also have the Polaris roof with liner, helps to hide overhead wiring.
Zonk

·
Registered
95 Posts
I originally went with the HC poly windshield to save a few $ , then wanted a wiper, so I got the fixed glass W /wiper. They both work well but the glass is the way to go. I also have the sport roof that I insulated with 1" closed foam.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the whomoto roof and siezmik folding windshield super happy... get hard coated on siezmik for sure.

·
Registered
334 Posts
It may be different than my 2013 900xp, but I love my Polaris glass tip out with 2 speed wiper.
The Polaris plastic sport roof with liner is also very good.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the polaris tip-out glass windshield and absolutely love it. Never worry about scratches, and have fresh air, or no rain in seconds. I bought the lock-n-ride glass 1st and was a dust bowl inside the cab on gravel roads. Don't get me wrong, if I break it there will be a grown man crying like a baby....

·
Registered
334 Posts
One of the ways it could crack is when the glass is tipped up and going for a bumpy speed ride

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm thinking of going with the fixed glass from Polaris cause I am only going to use it in the winter.

·
Registered
229 Posts
So many options here...I chose the Polaris poly roof and think it’s great and fits well. I went with the Super ATV flip up hard coated windshield and no issues here either!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went with the Superatv roof which is awesome and a vented hard coated Seizmik front windshield and a Polaris rear window that I got from a dealer 1/2 price display model

·
Registered
24 Posts
Seals seem fine. Had to install the seal on the windshield before installing on vehicle. I did think that was a little strange but seems to be good. Like the vents for allowing the ability to have air flow if needed. I guess only time will tell if I made the right choice over the Polaris windshield. This was a budget conscious vehicle as you can tell by the model .

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have the EMP plastic roof and Seizmik Versafold. I like being able to stop the wind completely, but I also have the Polaris half windshield which I liked a lot. It would be tremendously better if Seizmik had made the Versafold removal more elegant. Sure, it comes off, but it’s very much a hot mess compared to how the Polaris comes off with Lock and Ride. My Seizmik doors are similar. They work, but the execution needs work.

BTW, I also have the glass Polaris for the back. The glass version is quite reasonable for the back.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. I just hate that all reviews for the glass are horrible due to cracking
I went with the full glass polaris windshield and poly roof and wiper, washer. hated to spend, but very happy with it. the dealer told me they had problems with the windshields cracking. the dealer told me polaris has taken care of the problem. had for a couple of years and no problems, live in Minnesota.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Guess it depends on your climate and buggy use. Here it's hot and dusty most of year, so the tip out glass is way to go. Tip out allows for fresh air and keeps dust from getting sucked inside. Mine has original tip out glass that is 9 years old and crystal clear.

The issue with new model tops is they are formed to stop at rolps with no overhang. That's for plastic and metal roofs I've been under. They look great but sling water into seating area if cab not enclosed. Old style has overhang than channels water to rear.

We have used full steel roofs that we walk on to fill game feeders, but the new metal roofs are not capable of supporting this weight so I personally don't see advantage in metal over plastic on new models.

Side note... of anyone needs replacement tip out window gas shocks, go to NAPA. heavier duty gas shocks for a tenth of the cost.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought the polaris lock and ride glass windshield and sport roof. Only reason is because I got a good deal on them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Do you need to buy a seal kit for the lock and ride sport roof? Or could I buy a roll of seal from an auto part store and make my own?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will add that although very expensive, the Polaris Sportroof and glass windshield are the way to go. The wiper, back glass, etc. can be had cheaper in the aftermarket. I just cant bring myself to spend $500+ for the windshield wiper. I will go to the salvage yard and get one off a Ford Escape in the near future. :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts