PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2019 XP 900 Premium. Added the Polaris Sport roof and now want to add a windshield. I have been looking at the Polaris 2881919 folding windshield. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this windshield?

My dealer keeps wanting me to buy a full glass windshield but I'm not completely sold on the idea of that. With the folding windshield I figured we could lay it open or remove the upper part for working around the yard on the hot summer days.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
I have two windshields , one folding and one poly hardcoat. The poly hardcoat does not have a scratch in it. Its been hit by brush and branches and has held up fine. The folding is hardcoat too and no issues. Does Minnesota ever get warm enough to ride with the windshield down ? lol.

·
Registered
254 Posts
You might consider a Tip up glass windshield it an configured wiper ready or not
If it is hot, flip it up- if its cold flip, it down when in use no more frown
This is for the fact you may recreate in rain or snow if wiper ready ,even possibly thanking your self later
I know I did made to me the best choise

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just my .0235 cents worth. I did way too much reading here on the subject. I ended up getting the Polaris solid glass. First it fits perfectly and it just feels right. Takes minutes to install. Maybe I just saw too many cheap ones around but this one also just looks good. If I had to do it again, I'd still get the same. Your best price will be at Rocky Mountain.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey all,
I'm a noob to all of this but my buddies & personal research all say go with glass if you can handle the $$$. They all warned me that poly, even with hardened coatings, will scratch & the static electricity will draw dust. I bit the bullet & got the glass Polaris tip-out windshied & rear window. A spendy investment for sure!
YMMV,
Muley

·
Registered
652 Posts
Does Minnesota ever get warm enough to ride with the windshield down ? lol.[/QUOTE]
We got a hot start last year with record setting heat on Memorial weekend. Upper 90's. I was at Pathfinder in Hinckley. Had to leave early because camper ac quit. Got home and all the issue was was a bad connector on the starter capacitor for the compressor:(

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Two sided hard coated poly owner here. Have had my rig for 6+ years, and have over 10000 miles on it. I live where it is VERY dusty. The hard coated poly windshields are legit. The only scratches on the windshield are from pilot error. I was towing my ranger too fast on the freeway, backwards on the trailer. Found it in the middle of the divided highway couple of days later. I do nothing to prevent scratches. I rarely wash it. If a hose is not readily available, I'll pour some water on it and squeegee it off. I take it out in the summer when it gets hot. I wouldn't let fear of scratches be my only reason for not buying poly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My experience with hard coated poly is minimal at best, I appreciate all the replies and advice. I talked it over with my girlfriend yesterday and we are going to go with the Polaris poly, lay down windshield. I will not be drilling the holes in the hood for the brackets or bungee to hold it in the lay down position. We figured around the yard the small portion of windshield will suffice. If we do take it on the trails we will decide what configuration to use.

Thanks again for all the help...

·
Vendor
321 Posts
My experience with hard coated poly is minimal at best, I appreciate all the replies and advice. I talked it over with my girlfriend yesterday and we are going to go with the Polaris poly, lay down windshield. I will not be drilling the holes in the hood for the brackets or bungee to hold it in the lay down position. We figured around the yard the small portion of windshield will suffice. If we do take it on the trails we will decide what configuration to use.

Thanks again for all the help...
Take a look at the Seizmik 25001 folding windshield. It’s hard coated and doesn’t require any holes in the machine. It fits great and works awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
415 Posts
We have a 2019 XP 900 Premium. Added the Polaris Sport roof and now want to add a windshield. I have been looking at the Polaris 2881919 folding windshield. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this windshield?

My dealer keeps wanting me to buy a full glass windshield but I'm not completely sold on the idea of that. With the folding windshield I figured we could lay it open or remove the upper part for working around the yard on the hot summer days.
I just googled Polaris 2881919 and no less than 5 dealers have it .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take a look at the Seizmik 25001 folding windshield. It’s hard coated and doesn’t require any holes in the machine. It fits great and works awesome.
I have a full cab with the Polaris full glass windshield, I just replaced it with the Seizmik folder. I think I'm going to like the folding windshield better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Take your dealers advice. I purchased my 2019 Ranger XP ESP with the fold down window and hated it. When trailering (60mph)the windshield would vibrate so much I thought it might pop out. In fact at one point 3 of the 4 plastic rivets worked loose. I worked a deal with my dealer to upgrade to the glass tip up windshield. I am very happy with the glass windshield.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have the full enclosure with the glass windshield. I do regret the back window being glass due to the glare when I look back. But I’d worry about scratches. Go glass

1 - 13 of 13 Posts