PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2016 570 ranger with a glass windshield and wanting to do a manual or wiper kit but I am 100% against drilling into the glass. Has anyone done any frame mounting or mods for adding wipers?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Does your glass windshield not have the black metal section in the top center?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it does have one but was not sure how far up the glass runs into it. I found one that is the Polaris OEM that mount under the hood but not wanting to spend 500 dollars.
I will check that metal section and see what I can find out. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
522 Posts
There should be two holes on the inside, one large and one small. Those are what you drill out if you use the Polaris wiper kit. The small hole can be drilled with a normal bit but I suggest using a step bit for the large hole. There is no glass where the holes are located. If yours doesn't have the prelocated holes the wiper kit comes with measurements of where to put them. I've installed quite a few OEM wiper kits and they are expensive but work very well and look professional. They have a high and low setting and a washer that works great.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I agree with BPS, have one on my 2013 900xp and couldn't be happier.
There may be some threads about using junk yard wiper set ups but I'm no fan
some guys use ones for a boat I don't know any thing about them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts