PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased my first side by side for work and a lil fun. its a 15 900xp in black pearl. I'm ordering some accessories and have researched far and wide on this site. we live in Northern California , if I'm using it on my own trails and around a ranch is there there a real need for a windshield? will having the sport roof and the glass tip out windshield and glass rear panel make this thing extremely hot in the summer, where we live its easily 90's and above for several months.
im also curious for those who have installed a full windshield if you regretted adding or not adding the windshield wiper. I'm on the fence as we have an old yamaha pro hauler we use for getting around the home , we have no windshield and only a top and seems to be fine for us.

thanks in advance for any assistance

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Based on your location, temp's, and comments, I don't think you'll really need a windshield. They're nice in the rain and cold, but if you don't have a lot of either, there's really no need for a windshield.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Not sure where you live, or if you ride in the winter, but if you do ride in the winter and it gets cold, a windshield will keep you on the trail, rather than bundling up at home.:glee::encouragement:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure where you live, or if you ride in the winter, but if you do ride in the winter and it gets cold, a windshield will keep you on the trail, rather than bundling up at home.:glee::encouragement:
in rural Napa County in California, so very hot spring summer and fall and other than the 3 years of drought we do get some rain. we are about 2000 feet above sea level and it does get into the 30's at night night , will snow maybe once or twice a year.

no doubt the windshield and rear glass would be handy in the winter, im not sure if the lock and ride front glass tip out windshield is fairly easy to remove when it gets too hot.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Windshield is nice in summer sometimes. First time I went down the road at 50 and the wife got hit in the neck by a big bug she found it a necessity. Tip out is best of both.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would think if your going to be riding at a speed over 20 mph a windshield would be a great idea. Protection for your teeth and eyes !!!!!

Tip out windshield locked in the open position was the same as having it wide open for me this Summer.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
I have the fixed glass windshield and did not have a windshield wiper. I found out that if you have a windshield that you need a way to clean it off while out on the trails. Water spots and mud are a distraction while driving. The wiper/washer was a good investment for me and should be for you as well. You only spend the money once!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the fixed glass windshield and did not have a windshield wiper. I found out that if you have a windshield that you need a way to clean it off while out on the trails. Water spots and mud are a distraction while driving. The wiper/washer was a good investment for me and should be for you as well. You only spend the money once!
is the wiper assembly on the cab side of the windshield a visual impairment?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts