PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 XP 900 and this weekend a dagum tree limb got caught on my door hinge and ripped off the FrogZSkin on the right intake vent. I got to looking at my buddy's '14 model and noticed how the design of the intake has changed. I like the old design better... whether it is better or not, i don't know, but it at least looks better. I'm just not a big fan of a big "sticker" on the side of my rig. I never get in mud, water, or snow that gets in the intake or clogs it up, so i don't have that worry about.
does anyone know if the fender/intake off a 2014 model will work on the newer models? it seems they've made little tweaks to them year after year, but most parts will work for never or older models.
below are the parts diagrams and part numbers
2014:
7.) 5450001-070 - FENDER-REAR,UPPER,RH,BLK
16.) 5450002-070 - GRILL-INTAKE COVER,RH,BLK
6.) 5439106-070 - FENDER-REAR,UPPER,LH,BLK
8.) 5439251 - GRILL-INTAKE COVER
2014.gif

2019:
6) 2635503-070 - ASM-FENDER-REAR,UPPER,LH,BLK
6) 5814153 - MESH-INTAKE,ADHESIVE,LH
7) 2635504-070 - ASM-FENDER-REAR,UPPER,RH,BLK
7) 5814154 - MESH-INTAKE,ADHESIVE,RH
2019.gif

·
Registered
356 Posts
I think the older vent fender setup would work but the intake location for engine and belt are in a poor spot, not only are they subject to damage but they ingest dusty air from front tires and have been know to filling belt cover with water when towing in the rain. I moved mine inside of cab but you will hear intake noise many from engine. I installed a 2 cherry bomb that reduced noise to a level I am comfortable with. You could install snorkel kit but that you would have cut up front edge of bed I am also not a fan of deleting the discharge air from belt box (common in snorkel kits) as I believe it was designed to cool the back wall of cab which cause a potential fire hazard.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Search snow intake kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not overly worried about the location of the intake, its more of a cosmetic thing to me. The old style looks like it they put some thought into it. The new style looks like they said "crap, we forgot to cover the intake. Lets just slap a mesh sticker on there." I included a couple of images from eBay for reference. As long as it functions properly and fits with minimal modifications, I'm good. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg

·
Registered
981 Posts
I would think it would fit fine. I get the looks thing. But they really let a lot of water in the belt housing around the seam. Probably why they went with just the skin on the newer ones. Buddies belt would slip the belt if we got caught in a downpour. Belt housing full when being tailored in the rain. Bad design, and why they changed them i believe. If you go that route...silicone my help.

·
Super Moderator
6,585 Posts
They will fit.

I have a practically new set, both sides and prefilters, less the intake boots that mount to the back of the side covers.
Message me if interested.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
They will fit.

I have a practically new set, both sides and prefilters, less the intake boots that mount to the back of the side covers.
Message me if interested.
If you put all your spare parts together you could
Probably build a Sxs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I have moved my intakes into the cab behind the seats. Then I blocked the OEM intakes on the inside. Installed the big squishy mesh filters that went in the under hood intakes on my old 06 Ranger. Don't need much of the mesh filter, just enough to stop debris from going up the tubes. On the engine side I used a snow filter set up with be back side cut out to get more air and on clutch intake I just disconnected the hose and fastened it to the cab frame.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys. I appreciate the inputs!
I'll probably end up going with the cheapest option, a new FrogzSkin, but i at least wanted to get some input. Where we ride, it'll happen again.

I know folks love pic on here, so stay tuned. I'll be posting pics of my overall build hopefully next week.

·
Registered
981 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts