PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 Ranger XP 900. Only have 3 hours on the machine. When I went to clean the machine after a short ride I noticed the top of the fuel tank was caved in. I opened the fuel cap and air immediately rushed into the tank. I checked the vent line and it will not let air in or out. Is there something the dealer was suppose to do to the vent fitting during set-up? Seems that the vent line is completely shut off, and now my tank is slightly caved in, it may be permanent. Suggestions??

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Welcome to PRC, Dino from just down the road from you! Although it's not uncommon at all for the vent line to get clogged up, it doesn't sound like that is the case with yours unless you hit some pretty nasty mud in your 3 hours. Sounds more like you have a defective roll-over valve. After verifying that the entire length of your vent line for clogs and crimps, you should be able to blow air through it into your gas tank (with the fuel cap off & motor off). If not, take it back in to your dealer for service - they should replace (or fix) it, including your caved in fuel tank under warranty. Keep us posted - don't recall reading about this ever happening before!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.. I will double check but line looks good no kinks no clogs I can see in the clear plastic line.. I did hit a mud puddle hard once but that shouldn't have done anything. Thanks again..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts