PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
All that’s in the tank is the pump. The line goes from the pump to the outlet and that’s all other than the fuel guard.
I just noticed that Polaris changed the style of the pump, I haven't seen one yet.

That being said this quote is from the service manual:
"FUEL PUMP SERVICE OPERATION OVERVIEW An electric fuel pump assembly is used to transfer fuel to the EFI system from inside the fuel tank. This assembly includes the fuel pump, fuel filter, regulator and fuel level sender. The pump is rated for a minimum output of 9.25 gal (35 L)/hr at 58 ± 2 psi (400 ± 14 kPa)."

It must be in the housing somewhere.

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
Where is the regulator on these?
It’s in the Fuel Rail, on top of the Engine/Intake, not in the Fuel Pump.

For what little expense that it is, never replace the Pump without also replacing the Regulator.

Reactions: Stroke250

·
Registered
654 Posts
It’s in the Fuel Rail, on top of the Engine/Intake, not in the Fuel Pump.
Toxic, I haven't laid my eyes on one of these new style fuel pumps and was strictly going off of what the 2019 1000XP service manual states. The 900s have a regulator on the pump assembly and what looks to be one on the fuel rail. I see the 1000s also have one on the fuel rail but it isn't listed as a separate item on parts diagrams, only a $165 fuel rail. Can you give a part number for this regulator?

·
Registered
3 x 2018 ranger xp1000 6 seaters
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Must be a spring operated valve then. There’s no return line there. I’ll pull the regulator off this weekend when I’m there. I looked at it before but it’s between the injectors and unless there’s two ports in that rail I didn’t see how it would work. Still wired they all would go bad within such a short time.

·
Super Moderator
6,815 Posts
Do you have a part number for just the regulator? The entire fuel rail is expensive.
I have not replaced one yet, I didn’t realize that it is a non serviceable item.

·
Registered
3 x 2018 ranger xp1000 6 seaters
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok so I found the pressure regulator. it is a spring operated regulator and also adjustable. It’s in the top of the fuel pump/ guage mount right at the top. I adjusted it and now have 59-60 pounds of pressure but it still won’t run. IF it starts it runs very rough and as soon as any pressure is applied to the throttle it stalls. Check engine light is still on. I guess I’m going to have to take it to the stealer to have him fix one and find out what he does then fix the other ones myself

21 - 28 of 28 Posts